Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow and Sear Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martybartram
    commented on 's reply
    You are correct Kathryn. Sorry for the delayed response was on vacation in the UP of Michigan.

• Koy Schoppe
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great! I think I need to fire it up again, your pics have me craving pizza.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    fuzzydaddy - all you need is one of the new scratch and sniff monitors.

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking pizza. If only we could post the aroma so everyone could enjoy the smells :-)

• Breadhead
    replied
    For all of you inspired pizza makers... As you've discovered by now, making the dough is easy peasy. What you've also learned is stretching the dough and shaping it into nice round shapes is very difficult. Well made pizza dough is like a rubber band. You try to stretch it out and as soon as you release the tension it retracts to its original shape.

My friend and bread mentor, a Master bread baker, Jacob Burton... Has produced a video of how to stretch and shape your pizza crust. Lucky us👍
    https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...ch-pizza-dough
    Last edited by Breadhead; July 7, 2016, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pittkappasig
    replied
    New stone, followed your methods in the thread (no oak wood didn't have any mild hardwood lying around) BOOM. Pizza life changed for ever... Tried to even mimic your pics😝 Got the kettle up to like 600ish and the crack over the pie is a strong move. Thanks for the thread, I won't be getting delivery any time soon!!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    We're brilliant!

• pittkappasig
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I am even more lost than ever now... lol!!

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    You could also do a pan pizza directly in a cast iron pan. It's in MC@H but they don't have it linked on the web, but Kenji did it as well.
    http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...pan-pizza.html

He notes that 500* produces a better pie and 400*, and that higher temperature produces more dramatic difference. I am inclined, once my field skillet gets here, to put it to the test on the sear burner side of the Genesis. It needs a name, doesn't it?

I believe the MC folks preheat the cast iron pan, which seemed vaguely insane when I read it.
    Last edited by Potkettleblack; June 29, 2016, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I emailed the people at Baking Steel the other day to ask what temp their steel could take and they said 1100* F. So my next kettle pizza will be on the Baking Steel.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Koy Schoppe View Post
    pittkappasig I don't think he was saying he used it as a combo. He was saying he cooked pizza on a griddle and on a stone (two different stones) with little to no difference in result.
    Originally posted by martybartram View Post
    pittkappasig
    Koy Schoppe you are correct. The same cast iron used with two different stones. The stones are arguably different quality (they had different prices for sure) but they both work. My real point is that you don't need to spend $100 on a stone.
    So just to clarify, you DO use the combo, martybartram . Combo of griddle on the grate and stone on the griddle. Am I reading that right?

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Baker Dan
    replied
    That is just a great idea

Leave a comment:

• martybartram
    commented on 's reply
    BTW I think I am required to buy her replacement stones because she claims I ruined one with Habanero Death Dust and the other smells like smoke. I told her biscotti is better with a little bite of heat LOL. I am headed to the store now.

• martybartram
    commented on 's reply
    I most definitely learned that from this forum!

• David Parrish
    replied
    The cast iron idea is brilliant!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here