Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow and Sear Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead is it actually ok to use the parchment paper at 600+ degree temps in this setup? The roll I have in my pantry right now says safe to 420. Or is there another grade of paper out there? This is all new to me, so just checking.

• Chiefsilverback
    replied
    Had my first go tonight, forgot to close the top vent, so that something for next time, but more important I need practice with the dough, lots of tears and now my stone looks like a war happened on it! Here's the 'obligatory' through the crack pic of pizza 1. Pizza 2 sat on the counter for too long, got stuck and became a rustic calzone when I crushed it into a ball in frustration and chucked it on the stone, wasn't too bad after baking for 15 mins!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    @Breadhed - yes, you can make an extra turn or two before having to put the dough back in the refrigerator. However, the dough is a bit longer than the steel, so you have to move the dough around some.

• martybartram
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I missed y'all too! fzxdoc

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    RonB ... Laminated dough. Are we talking croissant here?

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Potkettleblack - If you make pie dough or laminated dough, cooling your BS in the refrigerator is a great way to keep the dough from warming too quickly. I'll let you know how well it fits in the 22.5" kettle after it cools off from baking some two bite cherry pies.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    Baking Steels are incredible. Chill it down, keep cold stuff cold. Get some dry ice, make an anti-griddle. Heat to 450, get 800* pizza oven style crust in 3 minutes. I am kind of tempted if it will fit on my weber.

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    good link here:
    Meathead's AmazingRibs.com is the leading BBQ and grilling website, featuring 2100+ pages of recipes, techniques, cooking science, myth-busting, and hands-on reviews.

• RonB
    replied
    Some stones will crack if the heat is too high, but I don't know if there is any way to tell except reading reviews. Another option is a Baking Steel. I emailed the Company the other day to ask how much heat the steel could take, (or more accurately, how much heat the coating could take), and they said 1100* F. Here is a link:

Bake the perfect homemade pizza with a Baking Steel product: a pizza stone made of ultra-conductive steel, our Baking Steel Griddles and pizza making accessories for home.

I plan on using my steel for the next pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    MH recommends corderite, and I agree. I have a ceramic stone as well, and I like the corderite better.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Don't forget that a pizza steel is an effective alternative to a stone. My wife is the pizza maker in the family. She switched to a steel over a year ago and her poor stone has been in storage ever since.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Nice Koy Schoppe ...just more proof that the Weber kettle / SnS can do the same as one of those high dollar ceramic ovens

Leave a comment:

• Chiefsilverback
    commented on 's reply
    Any recommendations on a pizza stone or are they all much of a muchness?

• Chiefsilverback
    replied
    I can't wait to try this when I get setup with my new 22" kettle + SNS in a couple of weeks!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome back, martybartram . You've been missed!

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here