Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting a stainless steel cooking grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting a stainless steel cooking grid

I have had this 16-3/8 x 24 stainless steel cooking grid for about 14-15 years. It is for Holland Grills and came with my Classic II which is no longer made and died after 12 years of use and sadly, neglect on my part. These suckers run about $185 online.

Its been sitting in the garage for a spell and I need to do something with it. I considered putting it up on the for sale or trade board but have never seen a Holland mentioned on here.
    My other thought is to cut/bend the ends about 3.5" in on either side, cut the right circle and create a hover grid for my 22.5' Weber.

Thoughts?

That might fit "as is" in a 26" kettle. I know, I know, "I" just spent more of your money. Sorry!

Comment

That's a grand idea! David Parrish But since the 22.5" is a less than a month old and I have to buy a plane ticket for my daughter to move to AK, I do not wish to risk Household 06's wrath. Not too mention I am currently fighting the urge to add a PBC to the cooking area lol. I was just thinking I could cut it to match the 22.5" grate and not cover the SNS with it (waiting for the grillgrate for that) and be good to go. If I wanted to raise it up as second rack a couple of bricks cut to 3.5" H would work.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm... Sounds like your daughter will need a house warming gift when she gets to AK! A 22" with SnS would be perfect!

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        David, luckily for me she is moving up there with my other daughter whom I am trying to get to mail me some moose meat. So no housewarming gift needed lol.

Put it on eBay or Craigslist or find a Holland user forum and sell it there. It would be a shame to cut up a $185 grid to make a poor replacement for a $40 Hovergrill, IMO.

But it's yours, go for it if you want.
      Last edited by billg71; May 14, 2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        +1^

That's too nice to be cutting on when you can get some really nice cash for it.

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        Great point! I will shine her up nice and pretty and post her for sale. I think the cash should go toward purchasing some cherry and pecan

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here