Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Cook coming SnS kettle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Cook coming SnS kettle question

I posted this in a reply but thought i should ask here.
    Mothers day and i going to try to cook a 9lb bone in picnic roast and 4 slabs of spares. If I start the roast in the main grate for 5-6 hrs wrap and move to the bottom the put the ri s on and bring the temp up to 250 or so at main grate, will there be enough heat at the charcoal grate below or should i finish the roast in the oven?

Originally posted by MObbqJLH View Post
    I posted this in a reply but thought i should ask here.
    Mothers day and i going to try to cook a 9lb bone in picnic roast and 4 slabs of spares. If I start the roast in the main grate for 5-6 hrs wrap and move to the bottom the put the ri s on and bring the temp up to 250 or so at main grate, will there be enough heat at the charcoal grate below or should i finish the roast in the oven?
    Since the roast is wrapped, it won't know if it's still in the kettle or not. Personally, I'd move it into the kitchen oven, finish it there, and not worry about whether there's enough heat at the charcoal grate to do the job. Instead, focus your attention on those ribs. It's the K.I.S.S. principle in action ...

Comment

Rarely do I have a piece of meat that gets wrapped and it not go straight to the oven.

Comment

Cool, thank you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here