Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS Whole Chicken Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS Whole Chicken Question

Question on SNS Whole Chicken. Chicken isn't really high temp cooking though it's higher temp cooking (325) and isn't low and slow either. So the questions is "Is water added to the SNS when cooking a whole chicken?"

I don't bother, trying to dry out the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      I don't bother, trying to dry out the skin.

x2 for me

Comment

I don't bother either. Huskee has done several tests on this and his input is the water seems to make no difference.

Comment

I would never have water in during a chicken cook. Totally changes the game with the crispy skin. In my cookers anyway. Never done one with the SNS.

Comment

Great. No water then. Thanks!

Comment

You can still get crispy skin with water in the water pan. Folks get crispy skin cooking turkeys using Meathead's recipe all the time, which calls for a whole lot of water in the pit.

For the SnS and chicken cooks I just don't think it's necessary.

Comment

What David Parrish said. I've cooked some with water in the reservoir and gotten crispy skin, even with wet brining them. It's more about cooking temp than water.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here