Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my Slow 'n Sear with a 1/4" scratch on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Slow 'n Sear with a 1/4" scratch on it

After bawling for an hour I settled down and decided I can buff the scratch out.

Yet another cooking gizmo and my wife didn't blink an eye.

Cheers!

Scoobs

Got a pic? I'll find the culprit and give them an equal scratch in a sensitive area.

Comment

Ya know, now that you mention it mine arrived with a scratch in it too. As luck would have it my scratch just happened to spell out Slow 'N Sear. What are the odds?

Comment

I'd complain to the owner and see of he'll send you another

Comment

Mine came all messed up. But I am not going to complain because I am terrified of the owner. ;-)

Comment

• JeffJ
            JeffJ commented
            Editing a comment
            David Parrish I was kidding. Mine came in just fine. I just wanted to find a way to say that I am terrified of the owner since Huskee mentioned getting on the owner's case in a post up-thread.

Mine arrived in mint condition. I am excited to use it - hopefully this weekend.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Phew! Don't scare me like that!

• JeffJ
            JeffJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry. I thought by including the win ;-) you'd recognize it as a joke. Just to be sure I went into the garage after typing that post to look it over - it's in great shape and I intend to expose it to a lot of heat early and often!

Wait, are the new SNS's laser etched with logo? If so.....I might need to reorder.

Comment

Our 2nd production run is now etched. Here's an example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	132616

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awww Yeah! I got me one of those!!!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that looks saweeeeet!!!!

I likey. Might need that in a 26" kettle. #wifedoesnotapproveofanotherkettle #3kettlesisenoughshesays #2aresmallisay #itdoesntmattershesays #shewins

Comment

Dang it, I must have got one of those cheap China knockoffs, mine was supposed to be a special edition and it just came in a plain cardboard box with a piece of paper for starting your first fire!
              Although if it is they did a damn Fine job!
              I Never even THOUGHT of looking for a trade mark of authenticity. #Mrobvius
              Last edited by Powersmoke_80; January 8, 2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                You didn't get a certificate with the personal signature stating your product #?

• Powersmoke_80
                Powersmoke_80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I think it was number 8 I'm just giving PB a hard time because my doesn't have the fancy logo! 😊Lol!

Powersmoke_80 if it makes you feel any better your SnS cost us almost twice as much to make as the latest production run. They were made by a local job shop that deals with small volume batches and were very labor intensive to make. Each one was hand etched by the company owner with batch numbers 1 through 100, and you got my John Hancock on a certificate showing yours was one of the first 100 made for retail

So you and 97 other folks like you had faith in me and took the plunge before anyone else, and I thank you for that. I say 97 others because we only sold 98 of them. I kept #1 and my wife has #2. fuzzydaddy has the privilege of owning #3 and being are very first customer!

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                She put most of the etchings on the inner wall of the charcoal basket, but she wasn't 100% consistent with that. It's a faint etching so it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it. If you clean it off it'll show itself.

• Powersmoke_80
                Powersmoke_80 commented
                Editing a comment
                I never noticed either I will have to look.

• Powersmoke_80
                Powersmoke_80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Found Mine it was on the inside charcoal bin water pan wall.

No scratches on mine, but I had to think twice about lighting a fire and ruining the finish. Got over that thought real quick! Ha!

Comment

richinlbrg if your wife's name is Marylu then your SnS is # 009 according to our records.

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool! I can't thank you guys enough for supporting us when we got started. Could not have done it without y'all. @LimitedEditionOwners

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  David Parrish , I retrieved my SnS and gave the charcoal tray a good scrubbing, and Lo and behold, with some extra light, I found the etching! I don't recall seeing it before. Really cool!
                  I know I did save my certificate.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pics, Man, Pics!

Here's my etching.

Name:	IMG_1723.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	133054

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice! And there are only 99 more like it. And there will never be more.

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After a couple of cooks I decided to get a photo. I take tons of photos, but this one I kept.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool. What you ask? No, no, I'm not tearing up... excuse me I have to go.

I'm going to have to search mine!

Comment

After scrubbing my SnS up I found it!
                  Its Authentic!
                  And as a side note a drywall fine sanding sponge works awesome in a wash tub of water for cleaning it up kind of like wet sanding the water keeps the sponge clean without scratching.

Name:	image_15953.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	133071 Also my new shirt #Hadtohavit! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2614.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	133072
                  Last edited by Powersmoke_80; January 9, 2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here