Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Smoked Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Smoked Ham

Bought 2 S'NS for Xmas, 1 for myself and 1 for my stepdad. He has a kettle and lives up in Seattle, so it was much easier to bring a SNS than my WSM or anything else.

We did a 10lb boneless prime ribeye roast and a 7lb bone in pork tenderloin roast. I didnt get pictures of those since it was kind of madness preparing everything.

For christmas day we usually bake a ham or buy a HoneyBaked ham. Those are extremely expensive so I did some digging and found a recipe for a Honey Smoked Ham from Malcolm Reed's website. It's basically a sugar and cinnamon rub with a glaze made of orange juice, apple juice, honey etc. Used apple wood.

Bought a $20 ham from Costco and it came out better than the $80 Honey Baked. All it took was a little time and the right tools! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3330.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	131934 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3329.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	131935 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3331.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	131936

Very nice!

Comment

Looks great, I followed that same recipe but wrapped it up to travel and didn't get any after shots. From the pics yours glazed better than mine, but I was doing turkey on the top rack of my WSM and...probably shouldn't say it here but I had a squirt bottle and was just spraying it through the top grate and hoping gravity would do the rest. As they say though, hope isn't a strategy.

Comment

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I wasn't happy with the consistency of the glaze so i doubled up on honey and sugar and reduced as much as possible - when i followed Malcolm's recipe for the glaze it wasn't goopy at all so i tailored it to get it how i wanted. Also I cooked at a pretty high temp on the SnS

smokinfatties, It Looks Like You Done Good! 👍👍🐷👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND. Dan

Comment

Looks great! Bought 2? Thanks!

Comment

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir! one for myself and one for my stepdad. So far so good! Although i haven't cooked anything super long haul yet and i haven't really gotten very picky withe the temp control since everything i have cooked has been very forgiving. i need to look more around the ABC website too. Cheers!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome. Cheers!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here