Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas to Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas to Me!

One of the items on my list to Santa this year was a Slow 'N Sear to compliment my 26" Weber. Since my wife didn't want to mess with the internet she put me in charge of ordering a number of items on Amazon including the SnS I had requested. I placed the order on Friday, December 11 over my lunch break. I received the usual order confirmation along with a message saying the SnS would be delivered between December 17 & 21. No big deal as it would be here in plenty of time for Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I get home from work on Monday, December 14 and there is a rectangular box with a smoking grill sitting on the front porch. I thought I was dreaming so I pinched myself as I walked up to the front door to snag the box and sure enough...the SnS had arrived about a week early!!! Unfortunately I am not allowed to open my present early even though I know what is in the box. Mrs. Craigar Claus is kind of strict when it comes to Christmas presents so, I am hoping she will relent and let me open for Christmas Eve as I would like to use it to smoke the ham for that night. If not, I know which present I will be running downstairs to open the next morning! Thank you to the team at Adrenaline Barbecue for making this kid's wish come true!

ps - I am hoping to post first cook results next weekend.

Congrats Craigar

Comment

Bummer that you gotta wait to open & use it!

Comment

Awesome, mine seems to still be on my list... but that's ok, getting one after christmas if not on.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          Bummer that you gotta wait to open & use it!
          It is pure torture and she is reveling it. Don't worry, I will get even.

Comment

Great news Craigar! Happy Holidays!

Comment

its a christmas miracle! God rest ye merry, Gentlemen!

Comment

You will love the SnS. Congrats! You need to buy up some meat so you can do a marathon cook after Christmas.

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fuzzydaddy I am going to take inventory of the freezer tonight since I have absolutely no idea what my wife has been buying the past couple of months. I can tell you this, ribs, butts and chuckies are in my immediate future! Since I HAVE to go to the butcher shop for fillets (10 oz. for $6.19) and I am going to inquire about some short ribs. The last time I had a short rib was probably back in the mid-to-late '70's at granny's house and she fried them on the stove in bacon grease. I still can't figure out how her and grandpa ate those tough things without pulling their false teeth out. But I digress...I am pretty sure I can whip some up with the help of the SnS and hopefully I can erase those rubbery things from my memory.

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Craigar, so far I have cooked only chicken, ribs and butts on my kettles with the SnS and they were out-of-this-world delicious. Now, I'm new to Q - just started in the last year and have cooked 32 butts total (always 2 at a time to give some away and freeze the extra) and probably 12 or 14 racks of ribs (baby back, St. Louis cut and spare). I hope to cook a lot more in 2016 than in 2015. I'm still fully capable of messing up a cook, but a loooong way from where I was 12 or 13 months ago.

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fuzzydaddy that's awesome! You have got a lot experience under your belt in just the last year. I know I will be cooking more this year since I have talked my wife into the idea that we can make burritos, chili, etc. from the pulled pork & beef. I may have created a monster, but I love cooking and we both love eating...win, win in my book.

I know!! what amazingly fast shiipping couldn't get over how quickly my slow n sear arrived!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here