Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Review of The Slow 'N Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing another brisket hot and fast on my 26 inch kettle/SNS tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Comment

SNS makes awesome bbq possible from a Weber kettle in your back yard. Mine is doing it right now about to complete a 6 hour low and slow cook.

My bad. Forgot the pics. Not my best effort but still good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6946.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	597624
      Last edited by ken g; November 25, 2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Never happened, without pictures!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6949.PNG
Views:	165
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	597621Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6950.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	597622

There is an ongoing blizzard in Kansas City. My son decides he wants ribs. He is cooking on Weber kettle with SNS. 29 degrees and temp is rock solid. Buy one you wont regret it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. Blizzard!
        Snow's slowed down, but winds still cray cray, temps headin towards low teens...

The greatest compliment I know for the SnS is that a Weber 26” + SnS will be about 90-95 percent as capable as a Hasty-Bake. I can honestly say that if the SnS had existed when I was researching and buying the Hasty-Bake, there is a good possibility that I would have opted for a Weber + SnS.

Comment

Smoked a brisket point on mine yesterday. In the rain & wind. Had to walk out there about 5 or 6 times in a ~9 hr cook. Once was to add water because I'd forgotten, once to stir the coals and dump ash at about the 4 hr mark, and once to add more coals. The other 2 or 3 times was to make a tiny vent adjustment to move the cook temp up to ~280, then to wrap it once it hit about 185. It held there for hours & hours otherwsise. It makes any size kettle a dream to make great BBQ meats on.

Comment

I am nuts about my wsm. I am on my second one because I didn't treat the first one with the respect it deserved and I couldn't bring it back to life. If I had known about the kettle/sns combo before I bought the second wsm, I wouldn't have bought the wsm. I have only used the sns a few times, but it is a great tool.

Comment

One of my top-3 rib cooks of all time was late last winter using the 26 + SnS.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here