Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter MCS.. The Bunny Strikes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Thunder77 that worked. The fact I burnt the bottle a bit is a whole other story.

Final take. Grade C due to over done bottom. Otherwise a good start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220423_185311.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1211429

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220423_152814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	1211386 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220423_153239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	1211387 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220423_153816.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	1211388
    Last edited by RichieB; April 23, 2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s looking good! It takes practice. I have some grilling mats that I use under the pizza. Instead of a lot of flour or cornmeal, I prep the pizza right on the mat, and slide it onto the stone. After the crust is set, I pull the mat out and look the crust to brown on the bottom without burning.

My gear arrived Friday. Lotsa gozintas.
    will try to implement this weekend. 😎

Comment

To finish this off, chicken on the Rotisserie. Had potato and carrots in the drip pan which had garlic EVO, water. salt and pepper. They were a little under done but tasted great. Chicken with M.H's Poultry Rub. Cook took 1.25 hours at 350. I.T. to 160.

This cooker is great. Loved the pizza. Going to expand the Rotisserie to do other cuts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220424_163251.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1211839 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220424_185007.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1211840

Comment

Wow! I am excited! Too many honey-doos this past weekend. I ordered a meater wireless probe, I think I will try a shoulder on the rotisserie. Tx. RichieB for the heads up.

Comment

• Grillin Dad
          Grillin Dad commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the delay. Didn't see your response, and just now checked for an update.

If I were doing it, I would first truss the crap out of the shoulder, so it doesn't fall apart and off the rotisserie. My second thought would be to pull it off before it's fully 'pullable,' and serve either as sliced smoked pork, or finish in the oven. Again, I'd be afraid of it falling. Lastly, I'd use the SNS over the baskets. I get way better temp control and efficiency with the SNS

• Alan Brice
          Alan Brice commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny you should say. I trussed the heck out of it, pulled at 204. 3-4 am. Into oven at170 til 6am. Tore it apart n blew my mind! Used the SnS but had to reload every hour/ hour n half.
          Learned a lot, but will try another approach next time. ( Soon )
          Last edited by Alan Brice; May 9, 2022, 02:37 PM.

• Grillin Dad
          Grillin Dad commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome! I'm definitely going to try that out next time I do shoulder. I'm really surprised you had to reload the SNS every 1.5 hours. Were you only filling it partway? I usually get 6 hours minimum out of mine.

Cool - I think I may HAVE to get one.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

I've been wanting a rotisserie for my 26", I guess I'll have to "settle" for this one.
            Just ordered!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here