Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do I add the food to the grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do I add the food to the grill?

When using the SnS, do you put the food on the grill before you start adjusting the vents, or do you add it after it has reached the target temp?

I add mine as soon as I got clean smoke going and things rolling.

Comment

Clean smoke first then depends on what I'm cooking.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        How does what your cooking impact your decision Ernest?

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr ROK let's say I'm cooking a chicken, my preferred cooking temp is a range, 300 to 375. Once I get good smoke I don't bother too much with cooking temp, I get the chicken on. I wouldn't put ribs on if my temp was at 300 with clean smoke. I'll stabilize at 215 -240 then put the ribs on.
        If I'm baking a peach cobbler I'll stabilize at 350 before I start cooking. Or pizza, I'll get it to 550 degrees and

I usually stabilize my temp a little first but then maybe my assumption that that was the efficient way to do it is not the preferred method? Only a couple months owning a SnS
      I place my wood chunks just behind the lit stuff so I can have it all situated without catching a face full of smoke.

Comment

I stablize the temp then add the food.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
          Clean smoke first then depends on what I'm cooking.

Ditto for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here