Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin / SNS Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin / SNS Water?

G'day!

Perfect day for grilling - temps will be in the mid 60's later today.

I have a 2.15lb BNLS Pork Loin rubbed and waiting. I also injected it with 2oz brine - MH's recipe. I will be cooking with the SnS using the fast (325+ degree option).

Question: Should I put water in the SnS reservoir like I do when cooking ribs / brisket? Using 22.5 Kettle / Mavs.

Thanks in advance,

--Ed

I wouldn't worry with the water. Come back with pics!

Comment

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, David!

Medusa & David Parrish, Ed I am glad you raised the issue I am still Scratching My Head On When To and When Not To as Well! Dave a couple of additional products for you to consider would be a long necked stainless water can like a plant waterer for the S 'n S and some sort of suction device to remove the water when not needed, on the order of a heat resistant turkey baster? Dan

Comment

Aaaiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! MOLD! Little mold on the cooking grate, little mold on the kettle side, mold in the SnS

Discovered it when I went out to start setup. Never saw it before!

Here's the mistake I made. Cleaned out all the ash after the last cook, scraped the sides, etc. Closed off all vents. Got a good cover, but we've had almost 2 weeks rain recently. Somehow, there must have been moisture inside.

TG for MH's article on Mold. Now the wonderful smell of charcoal is going directly to the 1st burn off.

Plan B for Pork Loin = Oven. Oh, Boo Hoo! Of course then, I cried because I had no kettle, until I met a man who had no food.

Hope all is well with everyone's cooks today!

-- Ed

Comment

That stinks Ed. I've never run into that, thankfully. At least you had a plan B to fall back on.

Comment

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, had to start doing damage control for the cook, as I knew I wouldn't have enough time to thoroughly clean the kettle. Too many chores today to fool with the gasser, so the oven it is.

Never had mold in the gasser, and it sure has had its fair share of rain on it. Go figure!

Just wanted to follow-up since I ended up using the Oven @ 325. I strongly advise injecting ( used MH's recipe) as the resulting meat is extremely juicy and tender. I rubbed it with something...

Cool silicone bands hold it together...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork_Loin_Whole.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	124292

#1 sauteed some onions and goodies...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Poin_Loin_Cut.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	124293

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum! I've never injected loin, I find that at 140-145 it's crazy juicy naturally. I can only imagine injecting would take it from 10 to 11 though.

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          One thing I've noticed with injecting. Leftovers microwaved a day or so later come out still juicy instead of dried out. Blows me away!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here