Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Yah Baby!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Yah Baby!!

SnS arrived today Boy that was quick delivery! I ordered it 6 days ago and it spent a day at the border in customs. Can't wait to try it tomorrow .. I think chicken thighs might be a good choice.

all right! Go big man. go big!

Comment

Customs probably contemplated keeping the damn thing!!! Congrats on the new toy brother. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Awesome! Boneless skinless thighs with Memphis Dust are da bomb. Add your favorite sauce 5 minutes or so before they're ready. Sear them 45 seconds per side to caramellize the sauce. Final temp should be 170 to 180F.

Comment

cdd315, Do you Remember when the Port of Entry was a couple of Orange Cones in the middle of the road? It was Kind of an Honor System! Speaking of Honor why'd the Pretty Girls All Live On the Other Side? Dilemmas of a once young mans life, while growing up less than 10 miles South of the LINE! Congratulations on your S n S, I am looking forward to mine! Dan

Comment

Danjohnston949 I can't say I remember orange cones in the middle of the road at crossing the border but I bet that would have been great A few bad eggs make it difficult for the rest of us now-a-days. The SnS is very well built, nice heavy stainless steel. I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight Thanks Dan!

Curtis

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              This was the St. John ND, Lena MB Port of Entry. My wife couldn't believe it the first time we came back to the States via the St. John/Lena Port 42 years ago! The last time we reentered the States it was like entering Syria on our side, Canadian Side was considerably more Relaxed In Appearance. Figured I would just Babble Away until the S n S Arrives. Dan

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            Awesome! Boneless skinless thighs with Memphis Dust are da bomb. Add your favorite sauce 5 minutes or so before they're ready. Sear them 45 seconds per side to caramellize the sauce. Final temp should be 170 to 180F.

I should add cook the thighs initially on the indirect side. Use a full chimney load of well lit charcoal and leave the vents on the kettle open. You'll probably see temps in 350F to 400F range and it'll take maybe 30 minutes to cook the thighs.

I recommend putting foil under the chicken to catch drippings.

Comment

David Parrish That's exactly how I would do them Except I don't have boneless thighs in the freezer. I took out some hind quarters, skin on. I'll put some HR2 on them since that's what I have in the cupboard. I might forgo the sauce though .. not sure yet. Would you use water? How much if you do .. maybe half full?
              Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by cdd315 View Post
                David Parrish That's exactly how I would do them Except I don't have boneless thighs in the freezer. I took out some hind quarters, skin on. I'll put some HR2 on them since that's what I have in the cupboard. I might forgo the sauce though .. not sure yet. Would you use water? How much if you do .. maybe half full?
                Curtis

I never bother with water for hot cooks, only when I plan to cook 325F or below, and usually I don't bother with water when I plan for temps above 275F. The SnS does great with skin on chicken as well. Take those hind quarters up to 170F to 180F and make sure to sear it a bit on the hot side at the end to get the skin nice and crispy.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                  Danjohnston949 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep talking Boss I am Taking Notes, Dan

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dan I'm happy to help!

Wow, that SnS works awesome!! I'm really impressed. Way nicer to work with than a pair of bricks and it doesn't take up that much room. I'm sure happy I bought one Check out the Show us what you're cooking for a pic! I let it climb by accident to 395 and then closed the bottom vent a bit. It settled at 380 which I thought a good number. 30 minutes later they were done! Best invention yet

Curtis
                Last edited by cdd315; September 29, 2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

AWESOME!

Comment

Really stoked you guys like the Slow 'N Sear. If you haven't left one yet, please, please leave us a review on Amazon. The more reviews we get the more Amazon will promote the product.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here