Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (original) SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (original) SnS

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has ever posted something positive about the SnS kettle insert over the years. I know I’m a little late to the party, but I’ve had success and been happy with my existing setup. It’s been hard to exercise self-control…. "We’ll, maaaaaybe I’ll win the giveaway this month, so I’d better not buy new equipment." ….doesn’t get you too far.

The first cook with the SnS in my 15 year-old Weber 22” kettle was great! Fast-cooked some strip steaks and hit them with a little pepper to finish….perfect and everyone in the house loved them!

I was (not amazed since I’ve read it here so many times) but so happy to get such good results with a minimal amount of effort. Looking forward to Thanksgiving when I can set up for 325* and smoke the turkey with much less hassle than my usual charcoal acrobatics involving a snake, a disposable aluminum pan, and much swearing.

Thanks especially to David Parrish for such a great product!!

To anyone on the fence about this accessory (or my past self), consider this another yes vote and go ahead and order one!!
    Last edited by Irishpete33; November 19, 2021, 05:54 PM.

We tried to tell ya...

It's right behind a leave in thermometer as far as helping my cooks improve.

Comment

• Irishpete33
      Irishpete33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny, I think Santa is bringing a new thermometer rig this year….my old maverick is on its last leg, and I’m a sucker for something with a companion app, so Merry Christmas to me!

Dang! I thought you were selling one. Great addition to any kettle!!

Comment

• Irishpete33
      Irishpete33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the false hope!! Can’t wait to use it some more!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 3 now but could always find a home for another!

It’s a really great product. I haven’t fired up my WSM since I got the SnS back in June.

Comment

I'm glad ya had such a good experience with yer strip steaks cook, Amigo! We all know it can be done without an SnS, with yer aforementioned acrobatics, pans, an swearin...

Did alla that fer a lotta years, (fergot to mention fire bricks lol ), worked out fine, mostly, so I'm still kinda on th fence...

(That's probly why I only have 4 originals, 2 26"ers, an th basket fer my 18", an Jumbo Joe.)

At $39.99, who wouldn't try one?

It makes, as ya previous said, th whole process easier, smoother, more repeatable...

Lookin forward to yer Thanksgivin cook, an many more...

Always holler, if ya want advice, experience, tips, tricks, techniques an such; there tons of kind, helpful folks up in here that are always willin to assist...

An I'm always here, too...

Comment

• Irishpete33
        Irishpete33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I truly appreciate it!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Irishpete33 No problem, Brother!

Scotch, Irish, Welsh, an German, here...

Slàinte Mhaith

You do know what the next step is. It happened to me. I AM happy fer it. Just get the kettle & you’ll be fine. 😎

Comment

• Irishpete33
        Irishpete33 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s definitely on the horizon!

Using my SnS insert tonight for some reverse seared poke chops…..on my new SNS Kettle.
      Last edited by Panhead John; November 20, 2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here