Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIREWALL Charcoal divider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIREWALL Charcoal divider

This looks interesting.

Charcoal divider for kettle grills. Creates the perfect heat barrier for both direct and indirect grilling. 7 adjustable positions Fits most 22" and 22.5" charcoal kettle grills (Weber, Napoleon, etc.) Replaces the bottom charcoal grate of your kettle grill Comes with a ½-inch thick charcoal divider panel and a ¼-inch

Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-anim.gif?v=1624844840.gif
Views:	405
Size:	915.1 KB
ID:	1052885

Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-in-kettle_wide_1920_2048x2048.jpg?v=1624974200.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1052884

That is interesting. I assume the divider is notched. I wonder if airflow is negatively restricted compared to a standard charcoal grate?

Comment

It looks like a useful accessory.

As an aside: Weber kettles have the reputation of offering huge bang-for-the-buck value… they also have an incredible number of accessories, such as rotisseries, Santa Maria adapters, smoker conversions, S&S, etc etc etc. By the time you’re done, you might as well have bought a nice offset instead!

Comment

I agree. That thing is heavy duty. 22.5 pounds and built to last!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          And less than $100.

That is a clever design. The only concern I have is with the size of the slots / openings. I can't tell by the image what the gap is but estimate it to be less than 1/2 inch (12mm) . I made a gizmo for my kettle and the slots of 10mm is not ideal. The problem is the build up of ash. My contraption works but with a wider slot would be a lot better.

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Good question based on experience. I contacted the manufacturer and asked that question.

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          The slots are just over 1/2 inch, so .6". That equates to a little more than 15 mm.

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          TripleB thanks for feedback. That should do the trick. I really like the versatility of the divider.

Just more stuff to buy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here