Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drip pan/griddle for big Weber kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drip pan/griddle for big Weber kettle

Trying to find the doggone Weber-compatible drip pan/griddle I saw online somewhere. I think it was stainless steel but can't remember if it was specific to the 26" kettle. (In the pic, breakfast was being prepared ... easy sales pitch for me.) I thought it might be an SnS but theirs are cast iron (on back order) and porcelain (not) - although I'd welcome thoughts on those. I like their shaping for drip pan use as well as occasional extra cooking surface. Help jog this poor man's memory! Or: suggestions, please. Cheers!

Is this what you were lookin' for?

The Double Duty Kettle Grill Accessory that combines a griddle pan and drip pan for grilling. The Drip ‘N Griddle Pan – Deluxe lives up to its name….and more!

It works with both the 22" and the 26" Kettles.

Comment

I have the cast iron from SnS. I love it both as a drip and griddle.

Comment

I like my SnS cast iron griddle. It can go directly over the coals. For a drip pan, I suggest buying a cheap pizza pan that can easily be cut to shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ANeSLCf0G5mY8AghBninE6sKyqrq3Kpk-HjN9fsa468NS2YISzqPwU-9D31Jbk_nPjO7udUBv_3ex6RRSFexIe1oyMCrl7goOUNLlsLsomvE_LQ_J8WN4DPPjJx2wTWBD5ml6XRJxZvOHKsyNw4gfPs9yLPpmpsXVVrrrK5Kt5fLUGIVDQKUzmF0wLh8aK4GypVlevLaT3JvqPAdw4zhmUvYNcGnWAQcytzqpS3OALjJ8rl3wh5brR6c6_aRKAu
Views:	453
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1042995

Click image for larger version

Name:	FpHVhClZSDkWlLZCNvqilh3n1604-fvvigoOBkmHrXBETXJgnd3NhhSH3IwhNoZABVs2xe7stFYUKFT0e2DvF_h6kcUyIjoCuTr6LB1X9nfKHnOI8IsPRM3Xi31B_mSF-AQZYZXnMr9lB1BulW43s8d9ga1NETMWPkjZrizQHS40dI-u-3gINvTvzACeJTCgEBFsD1fEgvViz3j8d8niOk8gQ79MD9fbT1vwnGy0IR-xgi05IeOx_CSEB0zrzdD
Views:	634
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1042996

Click image for larger version  Name:	nOGvfncPB_FWJujT2QcHmIp1ESz5qtFh3dpJ1TqpisyA9IinffTgznRo5aC-cuhV9yLIDjbyoTEg-I9jKvWvUJoXcEYPc-6oltGYoEZksb-ZowyzHQFn8QipLzmB_wdB8oerT0agXUI0HP0e5_dQwo9EbcLbAH5gUQyVESanfke1D7Po84F-deO__MSpuV5_7OzGZojIT_A1A0C5q4q9JflB9EuvDqLQZHF7yfl268SLjcsy5OrDfrUTpkNQOTJ Views:	0 Size:	504.5 KB ID:	1042990
        Last edited by Attjack; June 9, 2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I have two of the SNS stainless steel Drip 'N Griddle pans. They are great as a drip pan, fitting perfectly on a 22" kettle. They are not going to cover the unused charcoal grate of a 26" kettle fully, but would cover the central area better than any rectangular drip pan ever would. And while it is a good griddle, they caution you in the instructions against getting the heat too high - use just a half chimney of coals in the SNS - due to the tendency of the stainless to want to warp if the heat gets too high. One of mine is slightly warped, but still works just fine. The other I have not griddled in, and its still perfectly flat.

They tell you NOT to use the porcelain coated one as anything other than a drop or roasting pan - don't use it directly over charcoal as a griddle.

I think the best one for griddle use, especially at high heat, is going to be the cast iron version, since it will have no concerns about warping.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the feedback. The cast iron model is on back order - but I think I'll tell the missus this is the one.

Comment

The drip griddle fits perfectly in the 22" w/ the SnS. It doesn't fully cover the 26". I remember this issue was raised about a year ago and SnS explained that they don't make a bigger one for the 26 because 1 of the selling features for the one for the 22" is that it fits in most dishwashers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here