Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS and turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    starter with 750 ml added 500ml at 1hour.

David Parrish

• David Parrish
    replied
    Jon let us know how long the water lasts. And confirm if you used one quart. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Lite one end and shes rollin along at 333°

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking of doing a 20 pounder and starting the right amount of coals on each end of the SnS to get at least 325-350.

I haven't got the room to sous vide a whole turkey.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 16, 2015, 04:07 PM.

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    A 10.25lbs bird on a 22" I think a 14lbser will go!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc - You know you're gonna pull the trigger, why keep waiting?

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I seem to be suffering from the same ordeal- want a 4th kettle, wife insists I have one too many already. I wish she would wear my glasses when she looks out at the deck, because I think I see the situation way more clearer than she does

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You're gonna do it, I can feel it fzxdoc

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Stop tempting me, David Parrish ! I keep eyeing that 26" Weber...

Kathryn

• Huskee
    replied
    I often find nearer the wall far opposite the SnS is a hotter zone, hotter than nearer the SnS itself. Of course this is likely to vary some with meat load and shape and flow and all that.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    For a turkey I will cut the thighs/legs off. And lay them side ways b/n the base of the breast and the SnS. They will be laying parallel to the SnS. The dark meat could use the close proximity to the heat anyways.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 16, 2015, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    killianss I'm doing a 10.25 test bird on a 22 w/SnS today. I'll get some pics. Maybe it will help judge the scale.

Watch this space.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 16, 2015, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• killianss
    replied
    I am scared of getting a practice bird and find my kettle is too small. I will try 14 lb er as practice. I dont think i can upgrade to 26 soon. My budget manager (read: wife) wont allow it.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by IrondeQuer View Post
    Would love a 26" Weber but wow, the price kills me.
    The price of the 26" is steep compared to the 22", for sure, but it comes with all the bells and whistles and it can cook a whole bunch of food. When you consider the price of the 26" plus an SnS is $380... and you get true two zone cooking, a great smoker, and a great grill... it's hard to argue with that value proposition.

Leave a comment:

• IrondeQuer
    replied
    I've done 14+-pound turkeys, whole and spatchcocked on my kettle. I did them with a brick separating the coals from the indirect cooking area. Can't wait to try it with the SnS as it has a more efficient use of space. I'd guess a 20-pounder would be okay with some attention.

Would love a 26" Weber but wow, the price kills me.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here