Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie chicken

How would the Slow N Sear work with the Weber Kettle rotisserie? Anyone have experience with the two together?

Interesting.....I would like to venture into the "rotiss" one day. My grandfather cooked a turkey on his every Thanksgiving.

Jason King did his rack of Prim Rib on a "rotiss."

Comment

Sure it would. A rotiss just needs any heat source. It's not needed for a rotiss, since the airspace and on-again-off-again spinning is what creates your 'indirect' zone, but it would surely work. The beauty of the SnS is that it gets you 8-10hrs on one chimney of charcoal with very little babysitting on your part.

Comment

• Munch
        Munch commented
        Editing a comment
        But doesn't a rotisserie usually have coals on one or both sides with a drip pan underneath? Or no? So the indirect would be the side away from the heat still obviously. I'm looking to create food outside as good as what I am able to prepare inside. I'd be interested in a extra set of meat forks too, (2 chickens etc. at a time) so if anyone has any suggestions... Let'er rip. Have not purchased the rotisserie or SnS yet.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Munch, I just did 2 side by side rotisserie chickens on my gas grill a couple of days ago. They came out awesome. I posted a pic just today in the Show Us What You're Cooking channel. I recently bought an extra-long, heavy duty rotisserie rod and 2 sets of forks.

• Munch
        Munch commented
        Editing a comment
        If I'm not mistaken the Weber kettle rotisserie ring spit rod is 3/8 round. I found some aftermarket prongs @ Amazon, GrillPro 50502 with 4 prongs instead of 2. It's a shame this thing costs what 150 Costco chickens would cost, less the effort.😕 The Costco chickens come one way only... No Huli-Huli, rubbed, sauced etc.

The SnS will work great with the rotisserie. If you slide the SnS below the meat you'll get an extremely hot fire below the meat which will enhance the rotisserie's capabilities. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

I should add, though, you can make world class chicken using just the SnS. But if you want another accessory, go for it!

Comment

• Livermoron
        Livermoron commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to give that a shot. I love my weber roti (best way to do tri tip that I've found) and I just picked up the SnS. Really looking forward to seeing what I can do with the SnS.

Also received my PBC (USCG version). Looks like I have a summer/fall learning curve ahead of me...

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Great grilling and smoking is in your future

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here