Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs vs boneless ribs on Rotisserie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs vs boneless ribs on Rotisserie.

Tomorrow I am planning to do a test with some slabs of ribs bone in and boneless on a rotisserie in front of a wood fire.
    For the fun of it, and hopefully another learning experience. As this is one of my joys of Q-ing.
    And understanding the process is reason for becoming a member. Even though times are difficult. I try to go on and use my time learning.
    And I have never done ribs on a rotisserie before.

Pork slabs today, as the lock down has caused a run on beef ribs. And there were no more evenly sized beef ribs available. Well, next time I guess.

Any tips or hints are always welcome in the next 12 hours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200629_212823.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	896668
    ​
    Greetings from Spain,

#PuraLeña for other cooks.
    Liking, following and sharing would help to get my business running when people will finally be allowed to smile in the open air again.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PuraLena; August 15, 2020, 02:04 PM. Reason: Added link to see other photos of my cooks.

Not a tip, but more a question - how will you attach the slabs of ribs to the rotisserie spit? Do you have a basket of some sort that a will hold them?

Comment

• PuraLena
      PuraLena commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. I have a flat basket. Which I mainly plan to use for lamb legs, pork belly or beef ribs.
      Curious to see what rotisserie will bring to ribs. As I feel hanging works great as grease keeps dripping of the products. And thus avoid standing puddles of fat. Just collecting absorbing smoke.
      Which I feel, helps to bring more flavour to the meat.
      I would love to see comparison test. To find out if I am right when I taste hanging ribs compared to flat stored ribs.
      Last edited by PuraLena; August 16, 2020, 04:38 AM.

Hi all,

In the end I concluded that it just takes up too much space for just some ribs. I did grill them on rotisserie. And my son loved them. Result wasn't too bad at all. And for hot and fast actually very nice.
    But I prefer low and slow for my ribs.
    Also didn't bother cutting bones as I got Louisiana slabs on sales.

Will do some other tests on another day with boneless baby racks. But then just smoke them in the cabinet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_194418.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	898095

These were done low and slow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200817_203819.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	898096

Comment

That's an awesome cooker!

I have an old 1960s cookbook for an electric rotisserie grill but it doesn't go into much detail on how to place them on the spit. I think they are to be skewered somehow.

Originally posted by PuraLeña View Post
      Also didn't bother cutting bones as I got Louisiana slabs on sales.
      What are Louisiana slabs? Google is not helpful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here