Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie Chicken on a two burner Weber gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie Chicken on a two burner Weber gas grill

I'm looking for some advice on how to set up my two burner Weber gas grill so that I can evenly cook a rotisserie chicken. Because the burners seem to run in a different direction than I want them to. (Weber didn't ask me.) I can't quite figure out how to set the burners for my rotisserie. (One side of the chicken will be closer to the direct heat than the other.) I'm wondering if i could set a long cast iron griddle across the flavorizer bars towards the back and then try to manipulate the temperatures on both burners to create an even heat. The griddle could collect the drippings and maybe block some of the direct heat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So if I have this right, you have two burners, a left and a right, but your rotisserie runs horizontal across the grill, so if you turn off one burner then part of the food on the spit is close to the heat and part is not. I like your idea. Also can you fit anything between the flavorizer bars? Say a couple of bricks? So that you could keep the griddle off of the bars, assuming the bricks stick up above a little.

Comment

• danasue
      danasue commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, you've got the picture. There isn't much room between the flavorizer
      bars and the rotisserie rod, but putting something in between the bars to raise a drip pan slightly higher might work. I'll do some experimenting. Thanks for the idea.

Which grill do you have? I have spun many chickens on my 2-burner Weber Spirit. I just remove the grates put a drip pan on the flame tamers and dial in a temp over 325f.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Or maybe better to put wood in a smoke box separate or foil pouch.

• danasue
      danasue commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, that's exactly what I needed to know. I have the Spirit ii E - 210. I was worried that I might damage the flavorizer bars if I put a drip pan directly on them, but it sounds like it works for you. Thanks for the advice.

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      And if you need to turn off one burner, keep the dark meat (legs) towards the heat source, as you want them to go higher than the breast anyway.

Interesting idea. I've just picked up a Weber spirit 2 burner for 20 bucks. Needs a lot of tlc but my idea was for it to be my rotisserie grill. I probably should've done some research beforehand

Comment

Found some old pics. I now use a Blaze grill with an infrared burner. But rotisserie is easily possible on the Weber Spirit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lSTSxsUvdiaTfxPjxwhA3ZvGLTGDiVw2ZK3rvK6-4qwrCn_yj0h3BKR2UnBJRV7WqmKhj0_PZqH0jZUSVIjjSFVKn0vBiXRspEUkNpdRiDCPs0ZODpaLIu1MjagBVa7zUz4y01lt0Qf8IzdeEKVrK-pvCgHPKhLE7SMkBZnba9qF0NOTXkc4-yhST9tKxSnj-AqIPislp1KwVhQnnCUSCwsLj8LdaC7-VmqzkuFAJcLAEzKq_fcO4gpbMoIlQcR
Views:	780
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	885540

Name:	O0k_zlJT-nhFgptWnHlz3v9sjwDYsEHu4N3vZ31bYZ-VpaoDlizwlq80wC_-_dAdmYkc4O3__u1OZwTBnTZRnbA4J7DwSjQ48ufDCAZxrELVqc-OJTTrkX6eh0mTdpoJpSnyXmcICedSStA8YPGnanz1eDAYGx9pzvprANXFY7LJFw_Rjha1o2kS_ecp8Y2sYUrb9GTQaIxGRhpTgOZd6Xxy3UsCyAZp1ElzmFiF8lEgkpDQuE_RlMI-MFu6sHV
Views:	723
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	885541

Name:	XdNrHp8Hxh2BodTGrgZTpKwAPyi_FtMDWc-t6GzJ9alBZT7Qy8ilPqGFRPTNjxucsBzG0E4sKcOY5h4UX1ImC6JE6gMlhPmFQpcgUzmWGgcaTWy823JkLEMZQ1Yb74LzEPHLThsNJDtaMjQh_RkBUOV6UgJ2X7xeLUujsIWrOJxmSrs_HsfAJICB4tPGeotFYm3xggfi6g4lS-nVEr27sAzcwBXbd1fwW_CK_EgfSNalqmgkHgLnzhTEsSn3Ere
Views:	758
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	885542

Comment

• danasue
        danasue commented
        Editing a comment
        Great! Thanks for including some pictures. Looks like the flavorizer bars are fine with a pan resting on top.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here