Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie: The Tool From Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie: The Tool From Heaven

I think the rotisserie is an underrated, underused device. I have a Weber Genesis gas grill with three burners that run lengthwise. I turn off the middle one and adjust the other two burners to yield a temperature of 375°F-ish and I am able to turn our beautiful chickens, duck, and even small turkeys. Using a basket attachment, it's a great way to do chicken thighs and pork tenderloins too--they brown nicely and don't burn. It's much faster than using the smoker, not to mention fairly fool-proof, and so is a great addition to the back yard kitchen. I love the rotisserie, so much so that I've even come to be able to spell the word properly! :«)

Y'all?
    Last edited by Willy; May 1, 2015, 02:01 PM.

Yeah, my grandfather cooked a turkey every thanksgiving in his Pit with rotisserie. Now my uncle is trying to duplicate his feats. Dad says he is getting close. My grandfather made pretty good "chili" too.

Comment

To my mind, the nice thing about rotisserie is that I isn't hard--my turkeys come out GB&D--picture perfect for a foodie photo. Juicy, too! A neat little trick I discovered a few years ago is to remove the entire half-breast with one cut, then slice individual pieces crosswise. An electric knife is indispensable for carving turkey. Thanks to Alton Brown for the latter idea, not sure whom to credit for the slicing idea.

I see I made the bone-headed move of spelling rotisserie incorrectly in my title, then bragging that I now spell it correctly. I may be dumb,...

Comment

The rotisserie for the Weber kettle is on my wish list - not just for another way to do chickens but also to do roasts

Comment

I love the thought of a rotisserie... but I don't have one. Every once in a while I see something about one and think "I've got to get one of those"... lol... but that's been going on for twenty years or more and I never have got one... If I ever get one... it will be for my Weber Kettle grill...

Comment

I have a rotisserie for my Performer and I have mixed feelings about it. I've used it 4 or 5 times and have only done turkey on it. The bird has always turned out really good. Having said that, for Thanksgiving this year I used the Smokenator and it was every bit as good as rotisserie turkey. For me, the rotisserie is a bit more work so I'll probably stick with the Smokenator (I was able to keep the temp pegged in the 320-330 range the entire cook) for birds. On a number of occasions I've used the rotisserie ring (minus the spit) to increase the capacity inside my kettle.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here