Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first spin on the new Blaze grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first spin on the new Blaze grill

Korean-ish rotisserie chicken, togarashi new potatoes, and miso-butter carrots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_183559.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	761139

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_183426.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	761138

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_184917.jpg Views:	0 Size:	508.3 KB ID:	761140

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191025_185835.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	761137

Nice, love the rotisserie burner!

Comment

The color on that chicken looks spectacular!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        This! ^^

Mmmm. My kind of chicken! And the clearance of that rotisserie furthers my opinion that the Weber Genesis II rotisserie sucks rocks. on mine the bird is practically scraping the flavorizer bars and I am hard pressed to put anything in a pan under the meat.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I tweaked the sauce from the recipe you did the other day for this meal. It was really good!

Yeah, the clearance is massive compared to my little Weber Spirit too. I manage to cram a pan under there though. You gotta push the food to the front and back of the pan. That way it does not add any height.
        Last edited by Attjack; October 25, 2019, 10:33 PM.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack how did you tweak the sauce? I had thought to add toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. I see you added the seeds, just curious what else...obviously scallions or green onions...

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I subbed the tomato paste for equal parts ketchup and oyster sauce and went heavy on the garlic and gochujang. I also used my Asian Rub #2 on the chicken. After the bird was about halfway I painted on the sauce.

This is a beautiful cook! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

It looks like you are dialed in on the new cooker already.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still figuring it out. Just stumbling along really and having fun along the way.

That looks awesome! And the food looks mouthwatering delish as well.

Comment

Love rotisseries!

Comment

That is an awesome meal and the photos do it justice. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I must have a defective Blaze. My meats and vegs don't come out looking that good!

Comment

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No. You need to write "My food always comes out looking that good but I am a poor photographer" HA! Mine food doesn't look that good either but that's just between you and me.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Everyone's food on this site looks good and makes for great inspiration for my own cooks.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here