Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best deal on rotisserie conversion for a Weber 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best deal on rotisserie conversion for a Weber 22?

My buddy wants to get a rotisserie. He does have one for his gas grill so maybe he could use the spit and motor.

$165 seems spendy.

I think that's what we paid. But we got it over 10 years ago.

Comment

Does anyone sell the ring by itself?

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps Weber as a part?

Here's a knock off stainless model I've been considering for $106....

But I'm with you Attjack, I have a couple of old rotisserie motors and spits from older defunct gassers that I would love to retrofit to a ring. Would be interested myself if anyone finds one separate.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        This is for my buddy that I gave a red kettle to so this stainless ring would look nicer than a black one.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Onlyfire has some good products.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        My buddy said he's going with Weber because the reviewers said it was a tighter fit. He was asking about red paint. Doesn't look like there is a perfect match out there though.

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
      Here's a knock off stainless model I've been considering for $106....

But I'm with you Attjack, I have a couple of old rotisserie motors and spits from older defunct gassers that I would love to retrofit to a ring. Would be interested myself if anyone finds one separate.
      According to the Amazon comments for this product, it works fine but the materials are not good quality. That said, when one customer broke the handle on his first cook, the company refunded the money for the replacement he bought. (read the Amazon review with the Rib-O-Later.) Sounds like good customer service.

I'm looking at the $169 Weber myself. Can't justify it right this minute since I have yet to use the rotisserie attachment for my 10 year old Summit gasser.

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea didn't figure it was top of the line. What do you expect for $106 ??

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you use it you'll kick yourself for not getting one sooner. There's just something medieval about doing a big ol' honking chunk of meat over a fire. Think 6 bone standing rib or a porchetta made from antire belly.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here