Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ever rotisserie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if I've learned nothing else from this question, I now know I need to give this a try.

Comment

What about charcoal vs gas for rotisserie chicken? I don't have either so I'm curious what people think.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Charcoal tastes better.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        I have both. I prefer charcoal / lump or wood chunk coals. Weber kettle with extention ring. I even used the Ribolater inside the kettle.

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        I have one for my Summit gasser and it makes for some tasty meals. A bit of smoke can easily be added with either the built in smoke box or a tube smoker.

They don’t make a rotisserie for the Summit charcoal so that’s not an option...and I’ve never bothered to get one for my Chargriller because the Summit gasser already has one.

Nobody has ever complained, or even mentioned, that the food wasn’t cooked over charcoal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08CF5066-23AC-4304-8C56-31A15999891F.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	674843Click image for larger version

Name:	8A3EFF5A-6BCB-4048-911F-0EFC284AD31B.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	674842Click image for larger version

Name:	9C57BE94-344B-41AD-BB22-C2AD4217C95C.jpeg
Views:	448
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	674844 I humbly submit my favorite rotisserie product. Rotisserie Pork Loin rubbed with Memphis Dust. Occasionally I glaze it at the end with a honey/teriyaki/sriracha glaze. Never disappoints!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Coolness. Thanks for the help!

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        On the Genesis, it's pretty narrow clearance if you don't remove the grates. It's engineered for you to take em off. Already defrosting a bone in loin for next weekend.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard - I always use a pan for rotisserie in my Genesis EP-330 (basically the same as your E-335). It serves two purposes ... facilitates cleanup (I HATE scraping grease out of the grill) and if the wife wants to make gravy, I've saved the drippings. When I use the rotisserie, I only run the two end burners and leave the center off. The grill still gets plenty hot and I don't burn those pan drippings.

Pineapple roto'd with BBQ rub

Name:	Pineapple.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	527.2 KB
ID:	675041

Comment

• Pequod
        Pequod commented
        Editing a comment
        Love rotisseried pineapple!

• T-bone
        T-bone commented
        Editing a comment
        Willard the rub is similar to Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub Recipe, but uses turbinado sugar. The spices/chilis counter some of the sweetness and the sugar helps form a caramelized bark. These cooked at ~350 for about 30 minutes and then the back burner was turned on to caramelize the sugars. Super tasty as a side or with ice cream and shortbread cookies for a desert.

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        T-bone Sounds terrific. Thanks.

It's also the best way to do tri tip.

Name:	tritip1.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	675059

Name:	tritip02.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	675060

Name:	tritip03.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	675061

Comment

Maybe it's a primal urge.

Comment

Meat over a live fire, what is not too like?

Comment

After viewing the pics on this thread one thing has become abundantly clear - I need to utilize my rotisserie a LOT more!

Comment

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking the same!

it was from this streetside multi-rotor rotisserie, almost eighteen years ago in Paris -- my gf and I were comfortably stranded in the city on 9/11 -- that we had an unforgettable takeout meal of chicken and pork and potatoes, flavored by a wallful of drippings.

In my smoker, or if I'm at the rare grill that has a rack, I always take advantage of drippings. And make sure the chicken's on the bottom.
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here