Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie sides?

Do you guys make potatoes etc. in the drip pan? Seems like a good idea. If so what are your favorite sides?

Usually potatoes, onions and peppers braised in stock and drippings. A pot of beans too.

Comment

Potatoes and thick slices of butternut work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        Do you guys make potatoes etc. in the drip pan? Seems like a good idea. If so what are your favorite sides?

https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/rotis...-new-potatoes/
        Wow the duck in the picture in that link looks to be the size of a Thanksgiving turkey! Looks delicious though and so do them taters!!

Comment

I usually do beans, especially if I’m cooking a ham or some kind of beef. But if I’m doing prime rib, my gravy goes under the roast :-)

Comment

I'm going to try some brussel sprouts and new potatoes tomorrow under a chicken.

Comment

I have never tried anything with the rotisserie. That doesn't mean it is a bad idea. I'm just too new to the rotisserie. Most of my BBQ sides (e.g., borracho beans), have been developed to a taste that my family likes and are not made in the smoker or weber. I would be concerned that the drippings might distort rather than enhance the flavor. This is something I need to test in the future.

Comment

I feel like the potatoes I'm doing tonight are going to be easy the only concern I have is overcooking the brussels sprouts.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EdF I was going to let them sit right in the drip pan on top of the potatoes. I'm thinking I need to add them later after the potatoes. But since it's my first chicken on the rotisserie I'm not even sure how long that'll take. But what if they're done and the chicken isn't? I don't want to serve them cold.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see your point, and do no have a solution.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll just have to experiment and get a feel for it.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here