Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Cleaver that won't break the bank recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    A billion Chinese cooks disagree.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    For heavy, see my post. For light... unless you just really want one, they don't offer that much advantage over a sharp chef's knife so I've got nothing for you there.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5A4544A3-D798-4CCE-922E-251680705864.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	997793 I don’t use it often ... but when I do, all the neighborhood moms seem to quickly bring their kids and small pets into the house ... 😎 ...

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca I frequently use a scraper and a knife. I'm curious to see if I just start using just the cleaver instead.

• Mosca
    replied
    I picked up a good heavy cleaver for about $12 on Amazon. I use it only a couple times a year.

For a light cleaver, my sister gave this to me: https://lamsonproducts.com/collectio...etable-cleaver

It’s a little bit more than $50, but it’s a really nice tool.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    My sister bought me this, it is a damn good vegetable cleaver. It is also sold out, but comes back around pretty often.

This classic Chinese Cleaver also functions as a Chef's knife for chopping and slicing vegetables and boneless meat and then transferring food to the pot....

• Troutman
    replied
    Actually here's the real Jerry Mathers (aka the "Beav") today. Bit long in the tooth....

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Is that the grow'd up Beav !!!???? Awesome !!!

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
    Heavy cleaver (meat cleaver)? Go to an Asian food store like 99 Ranch and get one from their cookware section. That's what I did and for something like $15 got a nice, sharp meat cleaver that I use to divide chickens in 2 and other things where I don't want to use my regular knives.

Light, Chinese cleaver (means for general use)... that's harder. What's your price range?
    Both heavy and light.

Price range? Ideally, South of $50.00

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• JoeSousa
    commented on 's reply
    I got one of those for Christmas. Heavy and sturdy. Almost feels like I need to take it to the backyard and chop some firewood.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    When I bought the Dexter, there was a restaurant owner in the store. He told me one of his line cooks lost the tip of a finger to a Dexter. I almost put it back.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Is that Ward Cleaver?
    No, maybe not, just "Leave it to Beaver".

• Attjack
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	635724764858198258-AP-Spoiler-Entitlement-NYET5.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	997551

Leave a comment:

• Flavorsavor
    replied
    x2 for the dexter. Be sure what you're looking for though; the dexter shown above is for chopping through tough cuts and bones, a chinese-style cleaver (shown further above) is sharper but more delicate, used for chopping, slicing, prepping, etc.
    Edit: sorry just saw rickgregory said basically the same thing
    Last edited by Flavorsavor; March 1, 2021, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here