Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global G-2 plus sharpener for less than the G-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global G-2 plus sharpener for less than the G-2

I’m a fan of these knives. They look great, stay sharp, and I’ve never had a problem with the handle slipping.

G-2 is the standard 8” chef’s knife. Retail price is $159, commonly on sale for $129. But right now it is on sale, direct from Global, along with a really nice sharpener, for...

$99! That’s what I paid about 5 years ago for just the knife!

https://www.globalcutleryusa.com/cat.../category/146/

Yep, Global make a good knife, got a couple myself. Moved away from that sharpener though, after a while it just didn't seem to cut it (pun intended haha). Tried replacing the wheels but in the end I went back to the ol' oil stone to get an edge and maintain it with a steel. I've found if you use the steel every time you use the knife, then it can be a good 12 months between having to use the stone

Comment

I do not need another knife, I do not need another knife, I do not need another knife...

I'm going to come back and read this post over and over to tame that restive MCS that you awoke with your post, Mosca . What a deal.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
        I do not need another knife, I do not need another knife, I do not need another knife...

I'm going to come back and read this post over and over to tame that restive MCS that you awoke with your post, Mosca . What a deal.

Kathryn
        Yeah, well here’s one better: G-2 chef’s knife, GS-5 vegetable knife, and GS-7 paring knife, $129.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          You're killin' me here, Mosca .

K.

• zzdocxx
          zzdocxx commented
          Editing a comment
          Stop it.

That’s a great deal. I’m certain that it’s less than I paid for the one I had. I gave it to a friend because I didn’t seem to love it like I thought I would and he & his wife thought it was amazing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here