Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate knife, and my favorite tool in the kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ultimate knife, and my favorite tool in the kitchen

If you have ever watched Kent Rollins you have undoubtedly seen his famous hash knife. I have wanted one of these for years. Well, about a month ago I finally broke down and bought one. I ended up loving this knife so much, I just had to get another! The only thing I will not use this knife for are tomatoes and bread. So functional. The rocking motion of the blade makes dicing onions, cubing potatoes, peppers, et centers so nice.
    Attached Files

I have also been lusting for one. I guess I will have to add it to my wish list for Santa.

Comment

• bbq_joe
      bbq_joe commented
      Editing a comment
      They are worth every penny! It took me a year to commit to the purchase, I do not regret it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I too have admired his knife but never got around to ordering one. I now have one on order and looking forward to giving it a try.

Comment

Nice. Another MKS purchase for me.

Comment

I had never seen this knife. Where can you buy it? Looks like something I need to have!!

Comment

Here is the link: https://kentrollins.com/shop-1/
        and while it’s not necessary, I definitely recommend the sheath.

Comment

Cool knife but I'd order it just for the sheath, that is really nice

Comment

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            There are so many beautiful knives sold with crappy sheaths. As a full time leatherworker person, I'd be embarrassed to put a nice knife in some of the sheaths I see. I know the knife makers are wanting to put more money in their pockets by making their own sheaths, but I wish they'd learn the craft. Gives real leatherworkers a bad name. This sheath has a welt (spacer) to keep the blade from slitting the stitching which is a real plus. Utilitarian, not fancy, but good leather and well made.

I’ve seen his cooking videos, he knows his stuff. Not sure I need the knife though.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I would agree it's not a need, but more of a want for me. Since Santa has been nice to me the past few years, I'm gonna test him this year.

Isn't that pretty much the same as an Alaskan ulu? I have one of them for chopping and mincing herbs, garlic, and such.

Comment

• bbq_joe
            bbq_joe commented
            Editing a comment
            Except the hash knife allows you to fully grasp underneath the handle.

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            I have an ulu too, and you can grasp all the way around the handle. Similar device

That's one solid-looking mezzaluna. I often use my double mezzaluna, especially for herbs.

Like Troutman , I like the looks of the leather sheath.

Mezzaluna with Chopping Bowl:

Click image for larger version  Name:	il_794xN.1898803583_cmv2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	842950

Ulu Knife with chopping bowl:

Click image for larger version  Name:	il_794xN.773432172_adpr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	842949

Kathryn

Comment

I think I’ll pass on the knife, but thanks for the link. Really enjoyed the website and printed out a few of his recipes. Been looking for a good stuffed pepper recipe and will have to give it a try. The meatballs in mushroom gravy looked good too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here