Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foster Bros #8 Cleaver: This one is a sight to behold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foster Bros #8 Cleaver: This one is a sight to behold!

This one takes my breath away. I just received a Foster Bros #8 Cleaver that I found out in the wild. It has been fully reconditioned and is unbelievably beautiful to behold in person 👌
    Attached Files

Wow, remarkable!

Comment

This cleaver was made between 1878 and 1890. I have never seen one in as exquisite condition.
      Last edited by rgriffeath; April 24, 2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve not seen a handle like that.

Wow, that’s sweet!

Comment

FireMan It is Incredibly well-maintained. The entire knife is sturdy and ready for real world cooking.

Comment

Cleavers work really well for chopped pork or brisket.

Comment

LA Pork Butt It’s like you’re in my head! 🤣

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

I guess you will now leave it to cleaver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAi6JwxlGo (For the young whippersnappers in The Pit.)

Comment

Really cool. Where did you find it?

Comment

@AI S. A local collector 👍

Comment

That’s a keeper

Comment

Very nice.
                        I have some of my Fathers and his Fathers tools. Nothing you can't find on eBay. But just the other day was using a worn scrapper. After cleaning, the wooden handle looks, like nothing you see in HomeDepot. Thanks for sharing!! Old tools RocK!

Comment

• FireMan
                          FireMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ya had me ther fer a moment, cuz my eyes ain’t the best & I’m thinkin his dad’s worm scraper. All sorts a thoughts were flashin in my brain. I am mighty glad I reread it. 🕶

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here