Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your sexiest knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a case MKS going on my new chefs knife needed a friend
    Attached Files

Comment

Cant post mine because not sure it is legal.
      Hand made butterfly.
      Helped a Fillipino friend build it from an old file.
      He taught me how to play the butterfly game with it.
      Cool knife and cool game but hard to learn without getting a few scars.

Comment

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m very sure I’m on many government watch list being a Wyoming boy and all

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's see it!

• Buck Flicks
        Buck Flicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Butterfly knives aren't illegal, necessarily. Some states don't allow knives with two edges, but having a butterfly knife by itself isn't illegal.

Our state (TX) just made it legal to open carry swords and spears and such, and that law also allowed carrying of daggers, throwing stars, all switchblades and double edged knives.

Anyone else a Bowie knife fan?
      Attached Files

Comment

Now that’s a knife

Comment

Benchmade Bugout.
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't have super cool kitchen knives, but I do have some fancy leatherworking knives, including my trusty head knife and Dixon plough guage (strap cutting knife). Both are at least a century old, but they are still sturdy workin' gals, not dance hall ladies. I use them daily and I'd be lost without them. No one touches without my permission.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              I like working girls l meen knive

• IowaGirl
              IowaGirl commented
              Editing a comment

Literally my sexiest knife I can't post a picture of, but if you google Daario's Ladies and click image search you will see. I have the other book blades from Valyrian Steel which are all on display... except this set, wife said no way

Comment

With whiskey holder (sold separately).
              Click image for larger version

Name:	axe.png
Views:	203
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	631688

Comment

I just ordered this bad boy. Haven't gotten it yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Maxriptin
                  Maxriptin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I ordered one of those as well! Was a flash sale on Amazon and I have been very happy with the Dalstrong knives (and packaging)

Nice enjoy

Comment

It’s a threesome, actually. I got the chef’s knife first, then the santoku, then the vegetable cleaver.

The chefs knife and the santoku are about the same, I don’t really have a preference. But man, that vegetable cleaver is something else. It’s really easy to use, it makes short work of whatever I’m using it for, and it is easy to get uniform sized cuts.

I like the Globals as a good value. They look great, they balance nicely, they work well left handed, and I don’t have an issue with the handles getting slippery, like some people do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C347DB8A-584A-4B62-A6F3-EFB2B9322F20.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	632493

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I got the Globals I put my Victorinoxes in the bottom drawer.

There are better knives, and maybe better knives at that price point. But I really like these.

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I appreciate your comment about knives working well (or not) for us lefties. That's one of the reasons why I am reluctant to have serrated knives. I think they have their place (cutting fresh bread for example) but almost everyone makes their serrated knives with a single bevel. Grr. It's tough for a lefty to cut straight using a knife beveled for a righty.

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah... the only serrated knives I have are my steak knives and my bread knife.

My Japanese style Knives
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice! You can see where themetal was folded.

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Quite a collection!

interesting thread

Comment

• Fire Art
                    Fire Art commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where’s your knife

I don't own this but in Googling Sexy Knife it was the best one.

Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
                    treesmacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did. Anyway here is a contribution. I will probably post 3 different knives, but this is the first I found a photo of.

It is a custom made petty by Robyn Dalman from Sweden. It's a san mai construction - that means a hard knife steel in the middle, (he used 125sc high carbon steel), with a softer iron on each side. He also added a layer of nickle foil between the iron and steel for a nice highlight, (it shows as black in this photo, but is bright and shiny in person). He forged it to have a rustic look and used a piece of cherry crotch that I supplied for the handle. The wood has a special meaning for me. The handle has the traditional Japanese wa shape.

Japanese knives are normally taken to a higher Rockwell hardness and can take a sharper edge than Western knives and hold that edge longer. This knife is no exception. It can get extremely sharp and will hold that sharpness longer than most Western knives. The trade off is that the core steel is more brittle than other knives and requires more attention to technique when used- I'm ok with that.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE KNIFE TO SEE MORE DETAIL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I0182.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	633781
                  Last edited by RonB; February 8, 2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Intriguingly beautiful,

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanx FireMan - pictures don't really do it justice.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here