Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your sexiest knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a couple. Two my wife got me as a retirement gift 9 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knives r.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	571284

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Exquisite!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      What are they?

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Shun Kaji 9" Hollow Ground Slicing Knife KDM0009
      Shun Kaji 9 inch Bread Knife, KDM0008

These were a retirement gift about 10 years ago. Only place I have seen these models recently is on ebay.

Name:	67545D37-4979-4662-9020-27B5C14AFCDB.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	571289Click image for larger version

Name:	6A1EA23D-774E-4BB1-9181-069ECF25358C.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	571288

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      So cool!!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      So I bought a few of these Dalstrongs on the Amazon sale a few months back, haven't been home to use them yet. The reviews are all over the place. How well are they holding up? I had bought the Misen set when they were on kickstarter and just haven't been impressed. I use my knives a lot and can't wait to get home and start using these.

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dalstrong switched from vg10 to aus10. I still like the vg10 version better (I have a mix of both) but they are still much better steel than Misen. If Misen used a better steel they would destroy everyone else even if they changed more. Very comfortable ergos but need lots of resharpening.

Well, I can't pick my sexiest knife, because they're really every man's dream. Yup, you got it... TWINS!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180926_201226-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	229.1 KB ID:	571308

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180926_201216-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	571309

I had this matched set made for my son and myself, and keep planning to have a shadowbox made with a nice picture of the two of us in it and the knives on display, as a keepsake for him for when I am gone.

<edit> Almost forgot one of the coolest parts:

Name:	20180926_202030-XL.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	571311

Name:	20180926_202009-XL.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	571312

Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; September 26, 2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Three of my favorites. 2 of them with my wusthoff for perspective. Click image for larger version

Name:	45712E79-9E42-4816-8777-6FDA7E660ED0.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	571354Click image for larger version

Name:	3EBA963A-904C-4422-80C9-6F9E8FF0EB18.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	571356Click image for larger version

Name:	9BCF547E-9CBC-4CCF-87A0-FE3E97CDA39C.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	571357Click image for larger version

Name:	3E4EE63E-851C-4309-81D8-8A0C7259FE24.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	571355

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Arkansas toothpicks...

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy cow!

Name:	20180926_114450.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	571449
      My New Hammer Stahl 10" Slicer. I just got it this week. Just in time for slicing some smoked Pork Loin. It has a nice feel and is well balanced for my hands.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really nice!

Hi There!

It was hard for me to choose the sexiest one as I have several custom and several Japanese cooking knives, that are all respectable contenders.

I chose this one, made by an American knife make LR Harner, for the sexy handle. Butch makes the handle himself from old blue jeans pressed together in a resin of some kind. ​

Comment

Originally posted by Polarbear777 View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	67545D37-4979-4662-9020-27B5C14AFCDB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	571289Click image for larger version  Name:	6A1EA23D-774E-4BB1-9181-069ECF25358C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	571288

Name:	L8EOQdS.gif
Views:	194
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	571547

Comment

Got this bad boy for my birthday last year, I absolutely love it. I just wish I had enough $$ to get a whole matching set!

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	571558

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            fttank, I have the 8" chefs knife. I actually replaced that one with a Zwilling Bob Kramer 8". I have rather large hands and the Miyabi was just too small, my knuckles would hit the cutting board before the knife

• fttank
            fttank commented
            Editing a comment
            JakeT, which Bob Kramer did you trade it in for? I too have big paws and a depth of 2" would work out better for me. Starting to lean towards the 9" Miyabi for that reason.

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            fttank I got the 8" with damascus steel. I absolutely LOVE that knife. Gives me the "this is how a knife should feel" feeling every time I pick it up.

How about this:

Name:	6643.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	571560

Comment

My Sunday go to meeting knife
            Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool! ;-)

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Fire Art i need to attend some of your sunday go to meetings

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              Whad'y'ya know - a hunk of real Damascus! Nice knife.

Oh! Oh! I KNOW! I KNOW! Pick ME, ME!

IT'S THE KNIFE I'M USING RIGHT NOW TO SLICE UP AND EAT WHAT I GRILLED TONIGHT!!

As you all might also be coming to know, I tend to hike into questionable places trying to fish where the level-headed won't go, and that tends to sometimes get me into some peculiar circumstances.

I use a Turkish Kukri Machete to get me there, just took a pick of it. I break it out and sharpen it when watching a Card's game stresses me. And it does seem to keep the nefarious at bay. I carry a Roman short combat dagger on my belt, and pull it out to do something with it if I feel I need to 'make an impression'. 'Specially when the dog is at home, mostly during Tick season.

Name:	Daily Carries.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	571744

Comment

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              And I do love a Smith & Wesson MP - got one in my truck should some life saving need take place - mine or otherwise. Forget SOG...

Unfortunately I don’t have many good knives. The rest in my family just use a knife for anything, and on anything, so I figure cheap knives are the way to go. I have to sharpen a lot, but that may be how they are used as well as the cheap knife.

Comment

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              Sexy is in the eye of the beholder

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              As long as the family doesn't use the knives on each other you have a good family.

Originally posted by JakeT View Post
            Got this bad boy for my birthday last year, I absolutely love it. I just wish I had enough $$ to get a whole matching set!

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	571558
            One of the best investments I ever made. Miyabi knives are amazing.

Comment

Here is most of my knives. I love the knife magnet, and it keeps the knives out of the way, yet easily accessible. (Also, I am a huge Tarantino movie fan)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3766.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	571831

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course, you have an addition for your CI, why not a room for knives!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha, that is my next endeavor. tbob4

it just made sense to me! LOL. @FireMan

Thanks! JGo37

• Mudbeaver
                Mudbeaver commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m also a huge Tarantino fan, how did you like deathproof?

For FireMan Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Finger.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	572050

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here