Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your sexiest knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    Purty!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I was a scout leader for a few years, and I got my son a similar knife.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Nice.

• AverageJoe
    replied
    She just arrived in today. So excited for my next cook. Dalstrong, Gladiator Series, German HC steel, 12" Granton Edge slicer. Don't know how I lucked on the price, but it was $60 when I bought it, and as of this moment you can only get a used one on Amazon for $135.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Maxriptin
    commented on 's reply
    I ordered one of those as well! Was a flash sale on Amazon and I have been very happy with the Dalstrong knives (and packaging)

• RonB
    replied
    I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did. Anyway here is a contribution. I will probably post 3 different knives, but this is the first I found a photo of.

It is a custom made petty by Robyn Dalman from Sweden. It's a san mai construction - that means a hard knife steel in the middle, (he used 125sc high carbon steel), with a softer iron on each side. He also added a layer of nickle foil between the iron and steel for a nice highlight, (it shows as black in this photo, but is bright and shiny in person). He forged it to have a rustic look and used a piece of cherry crotch that I supplied for the handle. The wood has a special meaning for me. The handle has the traditional Japanese wa shape.

Japanese knives are normally taken to a higher Rockwell hardness and can take a sharper edge than Western knives and hold that edge longer. This knife is no exception. It can get extremely sharp and will hold that sharpness longer than most Western knives. The trade off is that the core steel is more brittle than other knives and requires more attention to technique when used- I'm ok with that.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE KNIFE TO SEE MORE DETAIL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I0182.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	633781
    Last edited by RonB; February 8, 2019, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buck Flicks
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice! You can see where themetal was folded.

• Buck Flicks
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah... the only serrated knives I have are my steak knives and my bread knife.

• bep35
    replied
    I don't own this but in Googling Sexy Knife it was the best one.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    I say goddamn!!

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    are you from Tennessee?

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    yeah, way cool!

• Fire Art
    commented on 's reply
    Where’s your knife

• Bluegill
    replied
    interesting thread

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    I appreciate your comment about knives working well (or not) for us lefties. That's one of the reasons why I am reluctant to have serrated knives. I think they have their place (cutting fresh bread for example) but almost everyone makes their serrated knives with a single bevel. Grr. It's tough for a lefty to cut straight using a knife beveled for a righty.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here