Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big, Bad, Sharp, Slicing Knife (or is it a machete?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big, Bad, Sharp, Slicing Knife (or is it a machete?)

Just bought one of these "bad boys" to carve my "world famous" (at least in MY neighborhood!) ribs (Meathead's Memphis Dust, of course!):

Paid about $17. . . (Saw it at another "famous" BBQ site for $75.)

Ontario! Nice score Mike! They do make the best machete ever so makes sense.

Comment

I use the Ontario machete at work fairly often. They make some nice knives too.

Comment

Ordered one two days ago and it was on my doorstep this evening. Sweet knife, looking forward to trying it out this weekend!!

Comment

Looks like the kind of thing to chuck at a blindfolded gal in a bikini.

Comment

• Papa Bob
            Papa Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            I could think of something I would like to chuck at blindfolded girl I a bikini.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            You crack me up Papa Bob, lol

Originally posted by John View Post
          Looks like the kind of thing to chuck at a blindfolded gal in a bikini.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BP Knife Thrower.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	13321
          ------
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 28, 2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Funny Jon I was trying to find a pic to post of the same thing last week, couldn't completely find one, and she's not blindfolded either. It's hard. Google images let me down.

Comment

Yeah bro, best I could do. Did find some really scary stuff in the search thats for sure.

Comment

• The Burn
                The Burn commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm guessing the FBI will be knocking at your door any second ...

My youngest son, worked in a butcher shop when he was in school. These knives are Victorinox from Switzerland. When the blades got ground thinner from sharpening, they threw them out!!! He asked if he could have one, no prob. I've used it over 10yrs....I love it. Pic isn't too clear, but the blade is 14".

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Could skin a ton of deer with that thing!!

I'm lucky enough to have a client that makes and sells high carbon steel Japanese cutlery. These are my sharp toys. The slicer is 13" and the heavier one is 8.75". Mine have my name in Chinese characters engraved in the blade too.

Japanese knives take a bit of getting used to though because of the single edge. I like it, but some people I know (my wife) can't get used to it.

Comment

• A Fid
                A Fid commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a Misono boneing knife that has the bevel on one side, I love it, easy to sharpen and holds an edge for a long time.
                The only English printed on it is "Hand Made"

NICE! I could use summa them. But why is your name in Chinese on a Japanese knife??

Comment

If I had only known I'd live this long.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 30, 2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• A Fid
                  A Fid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's some Funny stuff.

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd swear that the tin can in that ad was aluminum.

• billg71
                  billg71 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's still one of those Ginsu slicers in the kitchen somewhere, it leaves a nice texture on hamburger buns.

Maybe I should put it on eBay?

Bahahahaha!!! "The more you use it, the better it cuts!" Nice Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                  NICE! I could use summa them. But why is your name in Chinese on a Japanese knife??

Chinese characters are used traditionally in Japan and Korea for certain things. They're adopted 'logos' for words if you will.

Comment

This is the best knife that I have ever own for slicing meat >Victorinox Cutlery 10-Inch Round Tip Slicing Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here