Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, #1 really does have MCS and now is looking at I stapots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, #1 really does have MCS and now is looking at I stapots

Seems to have narrowed it down to the duo and the ultra.

Any comments or recommendations?

We’ve still not settled on a gasser. The Insta will be a fast buy.

We use the Zavor Lux LCD 8qt. Works well for us. Keeps
    us off the "InstaPot" brandwagon though. Top rated by ATK. https://www.zavoramerica.com/lux-lcd-multi-cooker/

Comment

I moved this to the Instant Pot and Other Pressure Cookers channel since this is not Off Topic.

I have a 6-qt Instant Pot and love it, but I wish we'd have gotten the 8qt. It's far more than a pressure cooker with buttons like I initially thought. We love it.

And one more thing- It's not "Insta Pot". The 2 words are actually spelled out. (Yeah, yeah, call me OCD) ​

Also, I've been recommending to people lately to consider a pellet cooker instead of a gasser. Pellet cookers can do most things a gasser can do, just with smokey air, and with a thermostat which most gassers still do not have. (Turn your knob to "3" or "4", or medium-high heat? What's that?)

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for moving it! Sadly, didn’t know the pressure cooker Chanel existed.

#1 wants to cook without smoke flavor. (Shrugging shoulders and rolling eyes), so pellet doesn’t work for this one. I’m basically prohibited from using.

We have an 8 quart Duo. I stay away from it, but she's turned out some tasty fair, and I've even gotten her to help me make stock with bones saved from some of my cooks.

Huskee I can't imagine having just the pellet grill. As an oven with a precise temp control, I love it. I'll even use it when I need 450 F. But for warp 10 it's gotta be charcoal or gas.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, touche. But some gassers don't sear well and some pellet rigs do sear. So, I guess the other half of my statement is it depends which is which that a person goes with. For general grillin' though, mmm... pellets blow gassers away in my personal opinion. If a person can swing both then by all means MCS away!

Santa brought my wife an Ultra instead of a Duo because the Ultra can do a lot more. Since it's just the two of us, Santa realized the 6 quart would work very well. Seriously, the Duo is much more limited than the Ultra! Santa and I heartily recommend the Ultra. Santa investigated and compared quite thoroughly! (SWMBO is quite happy with her Ultra)!

Get her "The Instant Pot Bible" by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
      Last edited by SmokingSteve; July 19, 2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        GREAT comment, @SmokiingSteve ! Thank you!

Your comments were the last push she needed, she loved your comments. Having now searched for the best price (Kohl’s was $20 cheaper than Amazon but alas out of stock) and fastest delivery, my SWMBO has ordered the Ultra 8qt. And the bible. Wednesday delivery.

Thank you!!
        Last edited by richinlbrg; July 19, 2020, 06:41 AM.

Looked at the Ultra but decided on the 8qt Duo Evo Plus. So far, so good.

Comment

We have the Duo, but we hardly ever use it. Wife isn't that fond of it, and I have been cooking outside a lot. Maybe this fall I'll put it in the rotation.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here