Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating Frozen Food in an Instant Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating Frozen Food in an Instant Pot

I received an email from Pressure Cooking Today which suggests that the Instant Pot is ideal for reheating frozen foods. Scroll down in the link for the reheating info which basically says to place a trivet in the bottom of the IP insert, pour in 1 cup of water, place the food in a smaller pan on the trivet, close the lid, set the pressure for 5 min and enjoy.

In all of our talk about reheating various items, I don't recall reading about anyone who uses an Instant Pot for that. I wonder if it is helpful in making leftover meat not taste leftover, if you know what I mean.

I use the IP all the time to cook frozen raw chicken, but never thought to use it to reheat, say, frozen pulled pork.

Anyone ever done it? If so, tips?

Kathryn

Never even thought of this, but thanks to you Kathryn, I am certainly going to give it whirl. Thanks!

Comment

May be 5 minutes but may take 10 for the water to heat up and achieve pressure. Still 15-20 minutes unattended may be useable.

Comment

Great post Kathryn. Thank you!

Comment

Leave it to you Doc. Great point but I also think a lot of the leftover taste comes from being out, then sealed later and not flash frozen or frozen quickly.

Then reheated in the usual ways.

”Pressure Cooking Today.” Who woulda thunk.

Wrapping stuff in tortillas with cheese and frying in lard generally takes care of the leftover taste for me.😃
          Last edited by HouseHomey; March 29, 2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Whodathunk it? Good tip, for sure. Might be an especially good method for reheating frozen left over fresh corn on the cob when it comes in season this year. Reheating in the MW always leaves it too dry IMHO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here