Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIPD - New Instant Pot Day - 10 qt Duo Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I highly recommend Melissa Clark's book "Dinner in an Instant." Tons of good info and recipes there. Also, Serious Eats has some very good recipes which they have tailored/reworked for Instant Pot/pressure cookers. I am particularly fond of Kenji's Pressure Cooker American Beef Stew and the pressure cooker beef and chicken stock recipes.

• Skip
    replied
    Wow! That is one BIG DOG. We have the 6 qt Duo and I'm still in the learning mode. It would be great to have some recipes from Pit Members.

Leave a comment:

• crazytown3
    replied
    10 quarts is a monster! Think of all the bigger things you can cook though. I'm still using my original 6qt Duo, and I love it. Between the IP, sous vide, and my grill, the stove and oven don't get used nearly as much as they used to.

Leave a comment:

• DiverDriver
    replied
    I have the 8 qt and quite honestly that is almost too big. I am fixing to make bone broth for the first time this week end.

Leave a comment:

• Sam6687
    replied
    She's a beauty! I have had the 8 QT Duo for almost 4 years now and love it, it is still going strong so I can't justify upgrading

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Use some vinegar on a paper towel to wipe away the white stuff on the bottom of your 6 qt pot.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    BTW, a quick trip on the Google machine revealed that one can, indeed, cook a smaller amount of rice using pot-in-pot. So scratch one dislike from the above list.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic NIPD - New Instant Pot Day - 10 qt Duo Nova

NIPD - New Instant Pot Day - 10 qt Duo Nova

I got it! Some pics comparing it side by side with my 6qt Duo are below.

Some quick first impression likes and dislikes:

Likes (no particular order):
    1.The float valve that pops up when it attains pressure and drops down when it has sufficiently released is now flush with the lid when down and rises up proud of the lid when up. It is also now red colored so it's easy to see when it is up.
    2. The pressure valve is now automatically in the "sealed" position when you lock the lid so you can't forget to set it (Not that I would ever do that, of course 🙄)
    3.There is now a separate button you press to release the pressure which keeps your hand away from the escaping steam.
    4. It comes with a second ring gasket in a different color from the pre-installed one.
    5. It's BIG!
    6. I like the new backlit LCD screen.
    7. It can fit a regular full sized spring form pan.

Dislikes:
    1. They is no way to attach the lid to the pot when you take it off. You need seperate counter space for the hot lid.
    2. It doesn't have it's own manual, at least not yet. The Duo Nova manual only covers the 3, 6 & 8qt models.
    3. It seems to require minimum 3 cups of liquid for pressure cooking. I'm wondering how I will be able to make small quantities of things like rice. I usually only make 1 cup dry with 1.25 chips water for three 2 of us. If I have to make 3+ cups of dry rice at a time that will be a problem. Maybe there it's a pot-in-pot solution.
    4. It's taller than my 6qt so it doesn't fit on top of my fridge with the lid on. (Did I mention it's BIG?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_154239.jpg
Views:	3250
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	777323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_154316.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	777324Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_154420.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	777325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_154428.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	777326

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here