Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the 10 Quart Instant Pot Duo Nova?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I almost got the 8 quart IP when it came out, but then read that most recipes on the interwebs are written for 6 quart pots. So I deferred. I'm glad I did because the 10 quart is a gamechanger. You have to want to make large quantities to use it, which is right up my particular alley.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    It was for that reason that I purchased an 8-quart. It gives me the volume of my Dutch ovens.
    If I was cooking for a "crowd" I would definitely look at the 10-quart.

• troymeister
    replied
    Resistance is futile.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    ofelles - I also have the 10 qt and like it a lot. I can make 1 gallon of stock at a time in it. For smaller quantities of stuff, I just do pot-in-pot technique. Works great.

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Yes I'm a firm believer in "Bigger is Better". And I make large batches of everything. Might not be able to resist much longer.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I did get one, ofelles and I really like it. It's a monster, though, compared to the 6qt. one I have. Nothing wrong with owning a monster IP.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    fzxdoc did you get the 10qt? Are you still liking it? Damn mcs is kicking in. I'm thinking it would help when making stocks.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Been there, done that, Bkhuna .

K.

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc I shouldn't drink and post

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    Yup!

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc , Kathryn, I mis-spoke. I had everything but the two drumstick bones in there,. But still, it was a lot of bones. I got around 3quarts of stock out of it. The water level was 2/3, but some of the bones were above that. Not by much.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    When you take up so much volume with that carcass, Thunder77 , in the 8 quart model, how much stock do you get?

Kathryn

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    It’s probably smaller than the 10qt instant pot because it’s just a pot with a gasket lid. No insulation no electronics. Of course you do have to baby sit it while using.

• Attjack
    replied
    I have 2 8-quart models now after I won a second one. I wish I had a 3-quart.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    I don’t have the 10 qt, but I do have the 8 qt and I’m really glad I bought it vs the 6 qt. Great for large batches of soup and stew.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here