Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the 10 Quart Instant Pot Duo Nova?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked and Walmart has the ULTRA 10 qt. on sale for $ 84.99 !

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think the Ultra comes in a 10 qt size, Bkhuna, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. Your link is for a 6 quart 10-in-1 IP.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; December 9, 2019, 09:18 AM.

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc I shouldn't drink and post

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Been there, done that, Bkhuna .

K.

Good for you! Let us know how you like it, Dewesq55 .

Kathryn

Comment

Kathryn, I like the apporach of making it a gift for your hubby, then offering to use it, so he won't have to! Or, you could buy him something at the same time. Or you could use the old line: 'Honey, just think of all the wonderful (fill in the blank) things that you love that I can make with that new pressure cooker!"

I have the 3 qt and the 8 qt duo. I would love to get the six qt for those "in between" times!

Comment

What do you make in the 3 qt IP, Thunder77 ?

K.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I make grains a lot. It is good for rice, barley, farro, black rice, etc. Pretty much any grain. Hard cooked eggs. Smaller cuts of pork loin. Also, I travel a lot for work, and if I drive somewhere it goes with me. It's good for smaller size portions.

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto

I don’t have the 10 qt, but I do have the 8 qt and I’m really glad I bought it vs the 6 qt. Great for large batches of soup and stew.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup!

I have 2 8-quart models now after I won a second one. I wish I had a 3-quart.

Comment

fzxdoc did you get the 10qt? Are you still liking it? Damn mcs is kicking in. I'm thinking it would help when making stocks.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            ofelles - I also have the 10 qt and like it a lot. I can make 1 gallon of stock at a time in it. For smaller quantities of stuff, I just do pot-in-pot technique. Works great.

I did get one, ofelles and I really like it. It's a monster, though, compared to the 6qt. one I have. Nothing wrong with owning a monster IP.

Kathryn

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Yes I'm a firm believer in "Bigger is Better". And I make large batches of everything. Might not be able to resist much longer.

Resistance is futile.

Comment

I almost got the 8 quart IP when it came out, but then read that most recipes on the interwebs are written for 6 quart pots. So I deferred. I'm glad I did because the 10 quart is a gamechanger. You have to want to make large quantities to use it, which is right up my particular alley.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here