Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the 10 Quart Instant Pot Duo Nova?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Oh goody, a comrade in crime. Maybe we'll both end up with the 10 quart one before the week is out.

K.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Since we have 2 houses, I could probably justify getting the 10qt for home and take the current 6qt to the vacay house.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    I would love to be able to make a much larger pot of stock at a time. That way I could take half of it and reduce it to demi glace or glace de viande. With my 6qt pot I can only get 2qts of stock at a time. That's a decent amount of stock to have on hand, but not enough to reduce any down.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    I have the new 8 Qt Instant Pot Duo & Crisper (air fryer lid with roasting/baking inserts). Made beef stew last night that would have served 6 with large bowls easily. Watch out for those BBAB coupons. They have started to disallow using them on certain items - we wanted a toaster oven, but all of them have "no discount coupons allowed". You need to check it carefully on the price.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    The thing about pressure cookers is that you can only fill them 2/3 full. So a 6 quart Instant Pot is only capable of making 4 quarts of whatever. That's why the 10 quart one is so attractive to me. Between 6 and 7 quarts of volume means I can make nearly the amounts of soups, etc. that I normally do in my stock pot.

Polarbear777 , that 12 quart stovetop pressure cooker must be a beast. I'm impressed.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Kathryn

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Good plan!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply

• allsid
    replied
    I have the 6 & 8 QT Ninja Foodi and they are awesome. I appreciate being able to use it as an air fryer as well as a pressure cooker. I even have the grill grates and have done some burgers, steaks, and chicken cutlets when I'm not feeling like battling the snow- Not sure if the one you're looking at has the dry heat capabilities but if you have the space these devices get my nod regardless.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    I have a 12 qt stovetop pressure cooker for that reason. I don’t know there were electrics that big and cheap now.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Make a gift for HIM. ... then offer to use it so he doesn’t have to.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Buy it, you deserve it....
    Plus your husband will elated he took the time to buy it and wrap it for you for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    It’s not about need,,,,It’s about WANT !
    and takin’ care of the family
    Cooker for every occasion I say

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
    ...Just remind Mr. fzxdoc of that time his daughter ran out of soup before everybody got served!
    Sounds like a good rationalization, Steve R. . I may have to use it. Thanks.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I've been through similar decisions myself a few times, and I always come back to the realization that I have never wished that I had a smaller grill, utility trailer, deck, etc. Just remind Mr. fzxdoc of that time his daughter ran out of soup before everybody got served!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here