Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork tenderloin, carrots and rice in the IP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork tenderloin, carrots and rice in the IP.

Bland looking but pretty tasty. I made this in a 6 quart IP because it was really hot out for these parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190827_193331.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	736173

Looks great. FWIW, I find that the older I get, the less likely I’m going to find myself cooking outside unless the temperature is between 68 and 75 degrees F. Hence all the indoor gadgetry (IP included) to complement the grill and smoker ...

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I cook outside year round with some weather related slow down periods. I also frequently use the IP in the outdoor kitchen in fact I'm thinking of getting a 3 quart one to stay out there for side dishes.

With my DigiQ and Maverick I smoke year a round. Thanksgiving turkey here in the mountains may be in the 50-60's. Christmas may be in the 40's I never know. Just set the Q to maintain the temp. May have snow in either month. But my cooking area is covered. That is a cherry smoked turkey on the left.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good looking turkey. Care to share how you made that? Not sure where you would put it, but if you post it, please start with klflowers so I will see it.

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      That reminds me of a Thanksgiving several years ago just outside of Boone, NC. Two large extended families staying in lodges in the middle of nowhere. That Thanksgiving morning my grandma died. She hated Thanksgiving, hated turkey even, she may have chosen that day on purpose. Anyway, we got the news in the middle of the night and as we packed up to leave that morning it started snowing like crazy!! Coldest darn wind I've ever felt going right to my bones and flakes the size of golf balls.

I don't blame you. It's tough stoking a stickburner when it's 94 degrees, or -14 degrees. Once I cooked outside when it was -22, but I had a chuck roast/pulled beef cook planned so I proceeded. It later warmed up that day to 6 above. It's nice to have gadgetry options though. Our IP and SV have helped a lot for various versions of I'm-not-in-the-mood-today kinda mindsets. Even the ol' trusty George Foreman grill has been a nice helping hand!

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Cold is easier for me since it doesn't get -22 here! If you're just running a smoker especially with a controller no biggie. But like you say working over a hot fire in the hot sun can and will bench me sometimes. We're having another hot one today before it supposed to cool off a little tomorrow. I'm thinking cauliflower mac and cheese tonight inside. But before that, I might make a cocktail and head out there for a bit.

Yep a George Foreman with a little brush of liquid smoke is great.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That cracks me up that you guys are rolling with George Foremans. I've had a few models myself. Now all I have is a Griddler which has been in a box in the basement for a couple of years.

Looks good to me. I love the Instant Pot. Makes the best chicken broth ever. Made pot roast in mine the other night, and it was fabulous! My problem with outdoor cooking is rain. My cooking area is not covered, so i am not big on cooking outdoors in the rain. Temperature is not usually a problem. Pool is right in the back yard.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, nothing beats it for stock. I like that you don't have to babysit it as you do with a stockpot on the stove.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine's not covered either. Pouring rain as I type this, pork chops on the Grilla. Should check their temp, but putting it off due to rain..

Looks pretty good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here