Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone nuts over Instant Pot rice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am just cooking rice as is I much prefer my rice cooker. I have about a half dozen varieties of rice on hand and the Zojirushi cooks each variety perfectly every single time with no input from me other than pressing "cook".

I've tried rice cooking in my IP and it was alright but I would have to manually find/tweak the timing for some of the rice types. No thanks.

If I am cooking a dish that just happens to include rice in the recipe - something like "speckled rice" that involves onions, spinach, chicken broth, etc. - I'll do that in a big pot with a tight sealing lid on the stovetop.

I lived in Japan for four years and learned that while cooking rice on the stovetop isn't very tricky there is a good reason that almost all Japanese use rice cookers (some rice cookers tho do incorporate a builtin pressure cooker).

Comment

I like it for brown rice, wild rice, etc. I don’t bother with it for Jasmine rice, since that is so easy on the stovetop.

Comment

• Buck Flicks
        Buck Flicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm... good call on the wild rice. I love wild rice but I can't seem to get it right on the stove top. Seems like the IP would work well for those two applications and quinoa.

I use a rice cooker and it's the best way for me. Perfect every time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here