Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg-tastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egg-tastic

My friend has an Intant Pot and is enjoying it. However, she didn’t realize she could cook a bucket full of hard boiled eggs with only a cup of water in her Instant Pot. Now her love of eggs has gone to a new level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	07D5A6DE-B8D0-455A-BB3B-BC9B7306B479.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	638993

I absolutely love the way hard boiled eggs turn out of the instant pot. Here is the link I learned from...

An eggsperiment on how to make perfect pressure cooker eggs! Check out our results & find your favorite soft, medium, or hard boiled eggs! :)

I do "large" eggs, 12 minutes, low pressure, quick release, ice bath - perfect hard boiled for my taste.

Comment

• NapMaster
      NapMaster commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to try that. Never even considered using the IP for eggs. Thanks for the tip.

• snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the same site I used! My times are different though. I had to experiment a little to get it dialed in but it’s great to set it and not have to worry.

Using my Mirro-matic pressure cooker, jumbo eggs , 5 psi , and 15 min., ice bath and easy peel. I've tried 10 and 15 psi and had crushed eggs.

Comment

Definitely love the Instant Pot for eggs! Sooooo easy to peel!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol...when I first read what you wrote I thought you said the Instapot made it easy to pee ...

I just steam large eggs for 12 min in a double boiler. Then 5 min in an ice bath. I also turn the eggs top to bottom half way through to prevent the yoke from having a green edge. I'm at ~ 300' above sea level.

Comment

The IP is great at eggs (and soups, and chili and ... just not BBQ ;-)
        My wife and I have been doing what is called "Jammy Eggs" in the Instant Pot. Think half-way between hard and soft:

Everything Avocado Toast with "Jammy" Eggs- If you like Everything Bagels you're going to love this healthier option! Artisan bread is topped with heart healthy avocado and a soft-boiled "jammy" egg, a drizzle of olive oil and everything bagel spices. Perfect soft-boiled eggs only take 3 minutes in the Instant Pot! {Clean Eating, Vegetarian} Today's...Read More

We did the Avocado toast once - very good! But our go to is just some medium cooked (jammy) on toast with a nice side of Meatheads Maple Bacon!

Comment

• snowswamp
          snowswamp commented
          Editing a comment
          I like jammy eggs but prefer soft boiled. I went through a few eggs figuring out the timing. It’s been a while but if I remember right, here in Denver, I found 3 minutes on low pressure with quick release does a good job. Two minutes is too short and 4 pushes it to jammy.

I finally got around to doing some eggs in the instant pot. I wanted the yolks hard, so I just used the instant pot directions - 1 cup water, 6 eggs on a steamer rack, hit the "egg" button on the 6QT Ultra. 5 min on high pressure, 5 min natural release and then manual release - perfect eggs every time.

Comment

Yeah I always found it very touch and go to get nice soft cooked eggs right in that sort of middle region...cooked enough that it's not a river of yolk when you break into them, but somewhere before hard cooked...nice and gooey. Instant Pot nails it every time, it's awesome. I've seriously considered buying a second one so I can do rice in one, and main course in the other. Instant Pot mac and cheese is some great stuff too...takes only a couple of minutes longer than KD but it's a billion times better.

Comment

The best way is to cook the eggs slowly. When the water starts to boil, turn off the heat, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then put the eggs in cold water to stop the cooking process. The key is to put the eggs in cold water for a minute or so after cooking. Last, The egg stripper help to peel the eggs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here