Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As as guest, you can read most areas. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early! Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
See more
See less

The Instant Pot and I are not destined for Instant Pot greatness..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frozen Smoke
    Club Member
    • Nov 2017
    • Northern Mn

The Instant Pot and I are not destined for Instant Pot greatness..

So second attempt with this thing. The first go around was largely my fault because I didn't take the time to learn how it operates. I thought I learned enough the first go around to be able to master a simple recipe without going to Instant Pot college but I guess I was wrong again.

Going on another fishing excursion tomorrow so I just wanted some simple comfort food that can be thrown in the crock pot that can just be heated in the crock pot all day and eaten at will. Sounds like the perfect job for Mr. Instant Pot. The lid locks on so I don't have to worry about transporting it.

Went through the pantry to see what I had on hand. Had everything for a nice chili mac. Perfect. I started out by sauteing onions and garlic in the Mr. Instant. That went great just as it did the first time. Done sauteing so I hit cancel to stop the process and shut it off. Fine. Add my other ingredients. Can of chili, can of stewed tomatoes, can of whole kernel corn and 2 cups beef broth and a box of penne pasta.

Ok lets cook this stuff. Hit pressure cook set to high for 7 minutes. Mr Instant says "I'm on" ok I now know from last time that it's building pressure and the timer will start when the pressure is right. Everything is rolling along fine for about 10 minutes and I'm expecting the timer countdown to start soon. Next thing Mr. Instant says is "Burn"! WTH? What can be burning there's all kinds of liquid in there! Turns out things were burning to the bottom. Seriously? Instructions say to remove food, deglaze Mr. Instant and return food to pot and try again.

I don't think so. If anything is getting returned it's Mr (I do everything perfectly) Instant Pot back to Amazon!!
    So I dump the food into my old standby crock pot to which I have to duct tape the lid on for transport in the car but that's fine with me. So now I have the pot sitting in the sink with hot soapy water waiting for me to scrub it clean.

I'm sure there is some little step I missed that caused this and it's operator error. But for now Mr. Instant Pot is relegated to the laundry room to reside and collect dust on top of the laundry detergent cabinet.

• FireMan
    Charter Member
    • Jul 2015
    • Bottom of Winnebago

As Elvis would say, thank you vera much. I know there will be others to help you through your travails but, I question the hassle. Insta Pot college? I’m thinking not.

Comment

• jfmorris
      Club Member
      • Nov 2017
      • Huntsville, Alabama
      • Jim Morris

Cookers
        • Weber Genesis II E-410 w/ GrillGrates (2019)
        • Weber Performer Deluxe 22.5" w/ GrillGrates & Slow 'N Sear & Drip ‘N Griddle & Party Q (2007)
        • Weber Genesis Silver A w/ GrillGrates (2002)
        • Custom Built Offset Smoker (304SS, 22"x34" grate, circa 1985)
        • Lodge L8D03 5 quart dutch oven
        • Lodge L10SK3 12" skillet
        • Anova
        Thermometers
        • Thermoworks Smoke w/ Wifi Gateway
        • Thermoworks Dot
        • Thermoworks Thermapen Classic
        • Thermoworks RT600C
        Beverages
        • Whatever I brewed and have on tap!

Haha. My wife SO wanted one of these. We picked one up on sale at Sam's Club on Black Friday, and a 3 crock serving thing she said she would use throughout the holidays for parties. Guess what? They are both still sitting in the box, in the spare room where she stuck them when we got home on Black Friday. She has yet to open the things, and continues using her 3 old crock pots, two 6 quarts and a 4 quart that must be 30 years old...

I should try and sneak them back to Sam's Club for store credit and buy meat with the credit...

Comment

• Thunder77
        Founding Member
        • Jul 2014
        • Halethorpe, MD
        • Weber 22.5" Kettle with SnS Brinkmann 5 burner gasser. Akorn Kamado, and Akorn Jr kamado. Love grilling steaks, ribs, and chicken. Need to master smoked salmon Favorite cool weather beer: Sam Adams Octoberfest Favorite warm weather beer: Yuengling Traditional Lager All-time favorite drink: Single Malt Scotch

Some things are great for Instant Pot, some not. I love potatoes, beans, rice, etc. Also, the best boiled eggs (actually steamed) I have ever had. Pot roast, chili, etc. Best broth I ever made was in the Instant Pot. I have never tried a noodle dish. I tried a whole chicken, but the time in the recipe must have been off, because the chicken literally fell apart when I pulled it out. It was moist and delicious, but just fell apart. I might try it again, with the time adjusted. Pork and sauerkraut in the Instant Pot; OH MAN!!!

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Try this with that fall off the bone chicken... do it braising like, with water salt and pepper, and poultry seasoning. You'll end up with a terrific broth, chicken meat, skin and bones. Strain the works - save the broth. De-bone the chicken - this is the time consuming part, but worth ii for me. You end up with nice tender chicken and tasty broth. Now, make some rustic home made noodles. Just flour, eggs, and water. Roll dough flat, generously flour both sides, and then roll up into log ...

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          ... get the broth boiling, throw in the home made noodles and chicken meat, and in a few minutes you'll have a delicious thick soup - cut the noodles thick, and it turns out kinda like chicken and "dumpling noodles". Sounds crazy, but my family serves this over mashed potatoes... and we love it - kinda traditional dish that Grandma made. We used stove top pressure cooker for this for years, now easier with IP. I don't have exact details - I just wing it.

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, a few things I forgot to say... use a whole chicken. After rolling dough into log, cut perpendicular to roll, to desired noodle width, unroll individual noodles and throw into a stack with a little more flour to keep them from sticking together. A little extra flour doesn't hurt - it helps thicken the "soup".
      • Potkettleblack
        Club Member
        • Jun 2016
        • Chicago, IL
        • Grill: Grilla Original / Weber Genesis EP-330
          Thermometers: Thermapen / iGrill 2 / Fireboard
          For Smoke: Chunks / Pellet Tube / Mo Pouch
          Sous Vide: Joule / Nomiku WiFi
          Disqus: Le Chef - (something something something)

I would guess the pasta got on the bottom, and was burning because there was no liquid under it. Not sure how that happened. I have a breville fast/slow, which is a much better engineered Instant Pot, and haven't had that happen. But I've never done a pasta in it, as the pasta takes about the same in a 3qt sauce pan as it takes to bring the pot up to pressure and let it go for half the boil time.

It's a rice wizard though, but not worth the time for instant rice. For basmati, and other rices that want 20 minutes of simmer, much better to bring to pressure and go, even though you only save about 5 minutes or so. quinoa, other grains, same thing. risotto.

Made the base of my T-day gravy in it. Amazing pressure cooked drippings, then turned into gravy in a pan. Great stocks, soups, broths, stews.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Chili and broth were both on the bottom of the pot. Then pasta then stewed tomatoes over them. The first dish I did also had pasta so I knew that pasta needed something under it. It was actually the chili that burned to the bottom so i'm guessing this must need to produce enough heat to build steam there is a potential of bottom scorching some things.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Wondering about the viscosity of the chili and the sugar content. From a can, I suppose, Hormel or the like.

My breville is nonstick, so it doesn't saute as well as the Instant, but it also doesn't have a burn issue.
      • DoubleUpOrQuit
        Club Member
        • Dec 2017
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Old Country offset smoker, 22” Weber Kettle, 4 burner gas. Oak logs, Royal Oak Lump, Kingsford Briqs, Gas.

I have had mostly good experiences with our Instant Pot so far. I have run into issues cooking frozen chicken breasts with broth. I had to use the wire rack to get the chicken breasts off the bottom of the pot, otherwise the machine just kept 'burning' them. We use it a lot for potatoes, rice, and pasta. I did manage to cook a full turkey breast in it for Thanksgiving. I did that just because I needed to see if it would work. It did work, but my smoked turkey blew it out of the water.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Club Member
          • Nov 2017
          • Northern Mn

I concur Potkettleblack that the time it takes this thing to get up to pressure you can cook your pasta in a sauce pan and have better control. Once this thing is locked down for pressure your pretty much in it until the end of the game, no stirring things so they don't stick to the bottom!

I keep hearing how good it is for rice. We don't make much rice but when we do it is local wild rice that is harvested locally and hand parched. It cooks differently than any other rice I have made. I use a steamer with a rice basket so i can always see what's going on with it. I need to be able to shut it down when I see it's the exact time it's ready the instant Pot won't allow for that.

It's going to be awhile but i'm sure I will tangle with this thing again or let the wife have at it. if she don't like it it will be a give away to one of the kids.

Comment

• Attjack
            Club Member
            • Aug 2017
            • Primo XL
              Weber 26"
              Weber 22"
              Weber 22"
              Weber 18"
              Weber Jumbo Joe
              Weber Green Smokey Joe (Thanks, Mr. Bones!)
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Orion Smoker

DigiQ DX2
              Slow 'N Sear XL
              Arteflame 26.75" Insert

Blaze BLZ-4-NG 32-Inch 4-Burner Built-In
              - With Rear Infrared Burner
              - With Infrared Sear Burner
              - With Rotisserie
              Empava 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
              Weber Spirit 210
              - With Grillgrates
              ​​​​​​​ - With Rotisserie
              Weber Q2200

Blackstone Pizza Oven

Portable propane burners (3)
              Propane turkey Fryer

Fire pit grill

You might consider following some recipes designed for the Instant Pot until you get the hang of it and then try winging it later on.

Comment

• Histrix
              Histrix commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. It's like the old saying that "if the only tool you have is a hammer then everything becomes a nail".

A pressure cooker is not going to be the best tool for everything.
          • MBMorgan
            Club Member
            • Sep 2015
            • Colorado
            • > Weber Genesis EP-330
              > Grilla Grills Original Grilla (OG) pellet smoker
              > Pit Barrel Cooker (gone to a new home)
              > WeberQ 2000 (on "loan" to a relative)
              > Old Smokey Electric (for chickens mostly - when it's too nasty out
              to fiddle with a more capable cooker)
              > Luhr Jensen Little Chief Electric - Top Loader circa 1990 (smoked fish & jerky)
              > Thermoworks Smoke
              > 3 Thermoworks Chef Alarms
              > Thermoworks Thermapen
              > Thermoworks IR-GUN-S
              > Anova sous vide circulator
              > Searzall torch
              > BBQ Guru Rib Ring

> Favorite Beer: Guinness Extra Stout, Fat Tire, Anchor Steam, or Alaskan Amber
              > Favorite Wine: Klinker Brick Old Ghost Zinfandel or Matetic Corralillo Winemaker's Blend
              > Favorite Whiskey: Balvenie Double Wood Scotch or Jameson Irish

I agree with Potkettleblack that the pasta (and specifically the penne pasta) is the likely culprit. If you google "Instant Pot Chili Mac", you'll find a bunch of recipes ... every one of which that I checked out uses elbow macaroni. I'm guessing that the size and shape of macaroni makes it less likely that it will sink to the bottom and form a mat.

Based on your experience, if I ever try something similar in the instant pot and I've got no elbow macaroni on hand I think I'll cook the pasta separately and just stir it into the finished chili once the pot's done with everything else.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              That's how I would do in anyway. Pasta as a mix in.
          • Murdy
            Club Member
            • May 2018
            • North-Central Illinois

If all else fails, read the instructions!

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              What!!??
          • Buck Flicks
            Club Member
            • Jul 2017
            • Dee Eff Dub, TX

I find this happens when I sautee something, then add an ingredient that can get sticky and cook. It happened a couple times with my Orzo pasta dish that I love making. What was happening was that dumping the pasta in while the burner was still hot, was the pasta started to cook and it would stick to the bottom (like pasta does if you don't stir it up in the early stages) then start to burn. Then I decided to let the pot and burner cool down before adding the pasta and starting the cook. That seemed to prevent the burn. So now, when I sautee something, once I sautee, I add the water or broth that I'd cook the rice or pasta in and let it sit for a few minutes, then add the pasta, let THAT sit for a minute, stir it up real good, then lock on the lid and start cooking.

Seems like 7 minutes would be too long to basically cook pasta, since everything else is already cooked. I would think it would only need 3-4 minutes at the very most, but probably less. This might have also contributed to your burn notice. I think my best pasta has been cooked for 1-2 minutes and then allowed a 4-5 minute natural pressure release (letting the pot cool without actually venting pressure), then a quick release (pressing the release valve to let the steam release quickly.) So the pasta is really cooking at pressure for 5-6 minutes or so, but doesn't need a full quick-release which can negatively affect the texture of your food, especially pasta.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              Editing a comment
              you want to use a cold liquid when deglazing after using the sautee function, This happens to me maybe 1-2x per year. Definitely frustrating, but not the norm.

• Buck Flicks
              Buck Flicks commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting. Now that you mention it, that's what happened on my first try with the orzo. Still, I think your penne would be done after 3-4 minutes, especially if you're going to slow cook/warm it in the crock all day long. I might cook the pasta by itself, then add all the other ingredients and let that run on the slow cook mode.

• Buck Flicks
              Buck Flicks commented
              Editing a comment
              By the by, my crock pot has clamps for the lid for transport. It's the best thing ever, especially for getting my chili from the kitchen to the chili cook-off.

https://www.target.com/p/crock-pot-6...b/-/A-13697382
          • Larry Grover
            Club Member
            • Mar 2017
            • https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/grills-and-smokers/charcoal/460226-bbq-guru-pit-viper-fan-to-pk360-tutorial

I got the burn warning a couple times but then it went away, reached pressure and nothing was burnt on the bottom.

Curious, I poked around and found out that "overheat" was re-named "burn". This can be caused by using saute then going right into pressure. The recommended fix is to hit cancel, remove inner pot and let everything cool down for a few.

My wife is happy, just discovered medium cooked hard boiled eggs...the shells slide right off.

You can leave if you want, but eventually you'll come grovelling back.

Comment

• Timbo54
              Timbo54 commented
              Editing a comment
              Love this thread as I'm on the fence in buying one. Jumbo Hard boiled eggs in my Mirro-Matic pressure cooker set at 5 psi will take 15min. and the shells peel very easy.
          • JoeSousa
            Club Member
            • Sep 2016
            • Spokane, WA

My wife is borrowing an Instant Pot to try out to see if we want to buy one. She is doing some Asian short ribs this evening for the first test. My guess is we won't really see the need for it. My wife and I are both home all day so we don't really need "quick meals after work" type of foods. But we will see.

Comment

• Buck Flicks
              Buck Flicks commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the main attraction for me - being able to cook a meal in a fraction of the time. It's also very easy. I just made some Asian baby backs (but marinated in the Korean short-rib style) they were delicious, but lacked the crusty/smoky goodness that would have come from properly smoking them.
          • klflowers
            Club Member
            • Sep 2015
            • Tennessee

We made jasmine rice in it last night. Worked like a charm. The actual cook time was 4 minutes. I didn't time the pressure build up or the pressure release time.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
              Club Member
              • Nov 2017
              • Northern Mn

Yeah it's sounding like this thing just has to many quirks to it to make it real useful compared to just doing things in the standard way. Boiling your pasta and then mixing it in after, sauteing in it and then taking the pot out to let it cool before you proceed to the next step, the time it takes to pressurize and then release pressure....meh, I'm getting pretty disenchanted with this gadget.

I'm going back to my stick burner now.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                Editing a comment
                why would you boil the pasta first unless the recipe requires the pasta to be rinsed before adding to a sauce? We make chili, pulled pork (well not any more now that I have my MAK), chicken breasts, rice dishes, and hard boiled eggs most often. The problem you had is rare. I'd suggest a few other recipes before throwing the towel in. Even if you only used it every other week, the time savings in most recipes is priceless.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Pressure cookers are pretty standard equipment though. These just have a few more features. They are good for some things and not others just like regular pressure cookers. Unlike a slow cooker I definitely found it to have a learning curve. I also feel like a pressure cooker of some sort should be a part of any well-equipped kitchen. If you haven't given up on it already maybe start here next time you want to use it. https://www.seriouseats.com/tags/pressure%20cooker

• Buck Flicks
                Buck Flicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, normally you wouldn't, Dogs... I suggested cooking the pasta first for this particular recipe because everything else being added was already cooked, and didn't technically need to be cooked at pressure. It just needed to be warmed up.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early! Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
            See more
            See less
            Working...
            X
            Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
            Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
            This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

BBQ Stars

SPOTLIGHT

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Placeholder

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here for more info on the Maverick PT-55 Waterproof Instant-Read Thermometer Review shown above. It may be the best value in a thermometer out there

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet's Dual Tube Burners

the good one grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King's proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read our complete review

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill

The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with an offset smoke chamber attached. It is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

Griddle And Deep Fryer All In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all. Plus it has a built in cutting board, garbage bag holder, and paper towel holder. An additional work table on the left side provides plenty of counter space.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers in the hardware stores because temperature control is so much easier. Best of all, it is only $299 delivered to your door!

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Placeholder

Char-Broil's Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you're off to the party! Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill

Their NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, keep small foods from committing suicide, kill hotspots, are easier to clean, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily removed and moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke to whatever is above. Every gas grill needs them.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

kareubequ bbq smoker

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker

The First Propane Smoker With A Thermostat Makes This Baby Foolproof

Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

PK 360 grill

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Beautifully designed and completely portable. Meathead says it is his preferrred grill.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order it direct from PK and get a special deal for AmazingRibs.com readers only

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

fireboard bbq thermometer

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.

Click here to read our detailed review

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order