Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I ordered one of these million in one things aka Instant Pot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Good grief, I'm all out of sauteed carrot stock and malic acid so I guess I'll have to forego that recipe

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman days like this make me wonder why I stay here.. it is supposed to be -29 in the morning then be 38 with drizzle on Saturday..

• Larry Grover
    replied
    Please let me know if anyone has a good grits/polenta recipe. Checked YouTube but they were taking too long. I'm looking for "instant"...dump it in, push a button then enjoy the fruits of your labor.
    Last edited by Larry Grover; January 30, 2019, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Grover
    replied
    Troutman Here you go, I'll let you know how it tasted after the cook. Loaded with food so might be a little while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_143847.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	629893

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_143959.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	629894

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Rice is so easy to make, on that I will probably pass. I’ve heard yogurt can be made, again, so easy with just a pot.

• ddmcwhirter
    commented on 's reply
    All y'all need a man cave...mine is evolving...an extra room, finished, and large off the garage. I had to clear out thirty years of stuff that never got thrown out...but now I have a golf simulator and a microwave and, wouldn't you know, an Instapot as of Sunday.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Lots of folks are jumping on this train. The only thing I don't like about then is that they are bulky. My sister-in-law uses one for making rice and she's loves it.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Happy to be of service, FireMan . I bet your wife will love it.

Kathryn

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Tell me about that Apple Cider Pulled Pork. I use apple cider vinegar with the mother included along with a sweet bbq sauce in my pulled pork. Be interested in knowing what's in theirs.

• FireMan
    replied
    Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn, ( fzxdoc ) , what you have done here worked me out of my mental maze. I have toyed around with gettin one of them Insty-Pots & my wife has repeatedly said we do not have the room, which we don’t. But, our garage is attached & right outside the kitchen & the cleanup info you talked about, well, I’m going to get one. Then, show her your posts in this thread. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Barbeque - it's why I live in the south !!!

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yup Backroadmeats ! It’s skillet & oven indoors!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Quote from shify "And I can guarantee I'll never use it for spaghetti and meatballs or roasted chicken, etc. I'll use my own judgment on what will work and won't work before choosing a recipe"

I'm with you on this. I don't bake cakes in it either. For some things there are simply better tools out there. But there are many things that an IP does extremely well.

Kathryn

• shify
    replied
    As long as you don't consider it the right tool for everything, it is a great product.

I started using it for my Texas chile and don't think i'll ever go back to dutch oven. Same for chicken stock. I've had decent success with rice (I don't have a rice cooker) but so far haven't had luck with grits. And I can guarantee I'll never use it for spaghetti and meatballs or roasted chicken, etc. I'll use my own judgment on what will work and won't work before choosing a recipe but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    The Instant Pot is the Pit Barrel Cooker of pressure cookers. Makes great food and cleanup is a breeze.

I prefer it for a slow cooker over my fancy schmancy slow cooker because I can brown stuff in it and use the same pot to slow cook in, besides the fact that it heats up faster, always a concern for a food safety obsessed cook.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here