Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot: How to use jarred braising sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Grover
    replied
    Thanks, I'm also curious if you all find searing to be satisfactory inside the IP or do you transfer from skillet/DO?

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    I'd toss the jar in and add the full amount of water recommended. Keep the level of the food below 2/3.

More water isn't going to hurt, since you can always uncover and reduce it a bit after the pressure cycle. But if it sticks to the pot bottom because it was too thick, that's not going to be nice.

This recipe may give you some inspiration for the amounts. Some of this is going to depend on how thick the sauce is, but you will get more liquid from the meat and veggies. https://www.hippressurecooking.com/t...ked-beef-ribs/

The above is assuming you're using it as a pressure cooker rather than a slow cooker.
    Last edited by EdF; December 7, 2018, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Grover
    started a topic Instant Pot: How to use jarred braising sauce?

Instant Pot: How to use jarred braising sauce?

Sometimes when Williams-Sonoma has sales I'll pick up some of their braising sauces for quick lazy meals. I usually cook them in a dutch oven but my wife just brought home a 6qt Instant Pot. So now I want to try to cook it up in that.

Did a little research and found that WS also sells similar sauces made for pressure cookers but they have poor reviews (sauce burned etc.)

The plan is to brown 3 lbs of chuck & veggies to go with the sauce. The jar has 2.75 cups of liquid and instructions call for adding 1.5 cups water to dutch oven/slow cooker. Any advice here on cook times and how much water to add?

Click image for larger version  Name:	img87c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	603854

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here