Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insta-pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger and ordered the 6qt.

Comment

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, a large slow cooker, and because amazon prime days they got me on the fancy does it all 10 in 1 eight quart pressure cooker.

I dont think i will ever use the stovetop cooker again. The instant pot is easier. Don’t even have to babysit it, it turns the heat on and off as necessary. It makes a wicked tomato based sauce, using sauté mode to brown the meat and garlic and onions and stuff, then dump in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and whatever else you want - then high pressure for 15 or 20 and there you go. Makes awesome stew quickly too.

Keep the rice cooker. The instant pot is big. Typically my wife and I make one cup of rice. The instant pot is really big for that. I went with the 8 quart (largest) because why not. 4 is too small and 6 might not cut it. I’m glad I went with the largest one.

It certianly lives up to the hype. I was skeptical because it was a "as seen on TV" thing. But my skepticism was unfounded. It works exactly as advertised.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        We've had a stovetop for over 10 years, and it's done its job well. But we got a Cuisinart electric in 2014 while our kitchen was being redone, and haven't used the old Malafesa very often. A few years ago, the liner in the Cuisinart started failing, so we picked up a Breville. Even better! I don't find making rice in it overkill (it's a 6.5qt model), but as they say, YMMV!

• Buck Flicks
        Buck Flicks commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the 6 quart - it's big enough for everything but some larger roasts. I'm not unhappy with the 6, but I occasionally think I should have gotten the 8. You made the right choice, methinks.

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that you mention this I probably should have jumped on the bigger one. Afterall it is replacing the huge pressure cooker.

First cook on the Instant Pot has frozen pork belly. Pressure cooked 30 min. in chicken broth, liquid smoke and red wine. Then 20 min in the oven in a cast iron @ 400F. Tasted great the wine came through w the liquid smoke.

The istant pot pot is so cool. You just set it and done. Also very easy to clean. I think for food during the week this thing will get a fair amount of use. Going to use the left over broth from the pork belly for some chicken breast.

Comment

I love my instapot. Use it everyday when not smoking

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here