Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has th World gone to pot?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the instructions fluid goes in the bowl 😳

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I do so appreciate th Hand Up, amigo!
      I coulda jus made a YOOGE rookie mistake lol!

I've had one for about a year, mostly used in the winter months. I really like is for soups, plus it is a great way to get sweet potatoes done quickly. Once I have the new pellet smoker acquired, I plan to use the Instant Pot to infuse honey with a variety of things to play around with different bbq sauce and glazes.

Comment

Balsamic pot roast and veggies will make you a believer.
      Corned beef will make you a believer.
      When your sweet tooth kicks up a fuss? 1 can sweetened condensed milk - 30 minutes on high -natural release and an overnight cool down and you will have the most awesome caramel apple dip you've ever tasted.

Comment

Nope. Homey dont play' dat! Stocks, soups and braises are better left to other methods.

I WILL ADMIT I dint read the whole thread... that's either a Six day work week( peddle to the medal exhaustion) or Cool Buffalo Trace.

Production overlad! Enjoy the pics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0896.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	532539

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0897.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	532540

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, and nice cephalopod in the background.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter I hear you. Like anything else, there are many tools available. I'm stuck on certain things a certain way... stubborn, who me? Look at you with all those fancy words. Don't be silly, it's an octopus 🐙 😀

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Stuck in my ways too, I feel ya. Yeah I use fancy words to make myself feel smarter. Oh and when that doesn't work I drink...the more I drink, the smarter I get...

Also corn on the cob for 2 minutes under pressure will cook through, then can eat it outright or grill it to your liking.

Ill hang corn in the pbc and get more flavor but sometimes instant is called for.

Comment

Got rid of our slow cooker too.

I still have a stovetop presure cooker because it’s 12 qts. Sometimes I want to make a lot of chili.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great article, very interestin an informative!
            Thanks, Brother!

We love ours, it's fantastic for a quick meal and if planned properly you can make some amazing things and only dirty up 1 pot. My favorite 2 things are mashed potatoes (don't put the milk/cream in until it's time to smash) and hard boiled eggs. I like the boiled eggs because if I decide I want a few more it's only another 5 minutes or so vs 15+ in a normal pot. Artichokes are nice as well but getting the timing down can be a pain, still saves a good 20 minutes.

Comment

I got the crock pot instant pot a few months ago and I love it. Mississippi pot roast recipe is awesome and one of my favorite meals when combined with some sweet potato mashed potataos. It’s only $69.00 now on amazon.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool Beans, Brother!
              Which one did ya git? Same model as mine?
              I'd love yer receipt fer th Mississippi Pot Roast, if yer willin to share...

• Butchman
              Butchman commented
              Editing a comment
              Crock Pot brand

Mr. Bones from mealthy.com:
            brown 2 lbs Chuck roast in a tbsp oil in skillet
            in the pot on high saute melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter and saute a yellow diced onion till translucent the add 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp opinion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp dried parsley, 1.5 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup pepperoncini juice, 10 pepperoncini, and 2 bay leaves

Comment

• Butchman
              Butchman commented
              Editing a comment
              Add browned meat into pot and turn off saute close lid and lock for pressure cook meat setting on high for 1 hour letting it release pressure naturally then shred or slice meat serve over or along side mashed sweet potatoes.

• Butchman
              Butchman commented
              Editing a comment
              I like to add a diced green pepper and some chili powder or chipotle powder for more heat when I make this. The secret to this dish is the pepperoncinis! If you like a mild heat combined with a little sweet from the sweet potatoes you’ll love this!
              Last edited by Butchman; July 15, 2018, 03:16 PM.

One of my favorite meals. Amazing how quick and easy it is with a pressure cooker.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Many thanks fer sharin, much appreciated.
              Sounds so good, definitely will be tryin, soon!

• Butchman
              Butchman commented
              Editing a comment
              My pleasure, anxious to see how you like it..

With Fall coming up do a little practice to get ready.
            We prefer dipping apple slices into it over caramel apples.

I have to admit I kind of cheat and don't let it set in the pot overnight. I release it and into the sink with cold water. Never had a problem.
            https://www.hippressurecooking.com/d...ondensed-milk/

Comment

And a handy trick my wife uses. When she makes potato salad she breaks the eggs into a loaf shape container and into the pot it goes. Scoops them out of the container and chops them for the potato salad or egg salad. Takes a lot less time than boiling and peeling.
              Last edited by Cheef; July 15, 2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Many Thanks, Neighbour!
                What kinda pan she usin, mebbe got a pic? I have several loaf pans, would haveta test fit, see if they go up in th IP...

I'll look around and see if I can get a pic up---I'm not a picture poster.
              The one she uses is silicone. Kind of pie plate shaped.

Comment

We love ours!

Comment

I'll pray for you Mr. Bones ...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many Thanks, Brother!
                    Bless yer lil ol pea-pickin heart!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here