Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has th World gone to pot?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Course not! Me, neither!
    Cause, that would jus be systematically, categorically WRONG, on so many levels!

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I agree! But I never inhaled.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Willie, an Merle!?!?
    Whatta treat, thanks Cap'n!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Charcoal goes right in th water, to make a infusion...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Heehee, that's why I chose my title carefully; I jus knew some yall'd go there! Kudos!
    ComfortablyNumb !

• Skip
    replied
    Well Mr. Bones it looks to me like you will be having more fun than should allowed by yourself. Be sure to friends over to sample the results. Your Friend, Skip

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, we're going to see him next month if he doesn't wake up dead again that day.

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Well, here's what His Willieness has to say on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6c6eUeoa9Q

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    You even escaped CA

• BBQ_Steve-O
    commented on 's reply
    A couple other thoughts... I found that it is faster to saute or brown meats (for stew and whatnot) on the stove instead of the IP. Also, if you heat liquids and broths in the microwave before pouring it in the IP, you will get you up to pressure quicker.
    Last edited by BBQ_Steve-O; July 14, 2018, 10:11 AM. Reason: fat fingers

• BBQ_Steve-O
    replied
    I use mine a lot for soups, stew chili etc, mainly during the cold months. You can't use it to can low acid food like meat and vegetables (except tomatoes) because you need 15 psi to can those and this only gets up to 11.6 psi, but you can use it to can high acid food like tomatoes and fruit jams.

Here is an overview that will give you a lot of info to get started:
    Whether you’re hungry for perfect chickpeas from dried beans, succulent roasts in a fraction of the time, or a comforting soup ready when you walk in the door, a multicooker, which can act as electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and even yogurt-maker, can help. The Instant Pot is the best known of the multicookers now on the market, though other manufacturers, like Breville and Fagor, make models. We’ll show you how to master them, with valuable techniques for getting the most out of the machine. (Wirecutter, a product recommendations website owned by The New York Times Company, has tips on finding the best pressure cooker.)

Happy cooking brother!

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Another toy still sitting on my wish list. Well done Mr. Bones. Looking forward to your always fabulous reviews.

Leave a comment:

• Keiferr
    replied
    Where do you put the charcoal?

Leave a comment:

• lemayp
    replied
    I've had one a while now. Frozen chicken to finished meal in under 30 minutes is nice. I'll throw chicken breasts or thighs in with a bag of frozen spinach and some salt & pepper. 15 minutes on high and it will shred easily. Drop in a container of salsa and some cream cheese and eat. Sometimes i add chick peas or other beans. When wife isnt around, I'll add spice.

I've made good pulled pork in it, but prefer to do that the original way. Roast beef is quick and easy in it. Wife does oatmeal and rice in it a lot. Google will give you tons of recipe sites, I really liked this recipe https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/. I make it much hotter though.

Broths are another great thing to make in it. I'm sure you'll come up with more, but you'll figure out where it fits into your cookers fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    One thing i have found...you will need to manually thicken almost any sauce that comes out of the pressure cooker function.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here