Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has th World gone to pot?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ_Steve-O
    commented on 's reply
    You don't know what your missing brother... That Texas Style Boiled BBQ Brisket recipe is to die from! Add a teaspoon of liquid smoke and it's authentic BBQ! :-D

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Many Thanks Brother! I've seen ya post it, in regard to other IP topics.
    IIRC, isn't there, like, a time conversion between trad pressure cookers, an IP?
    Please, refresh my memory, when ya have th time!
    Thanks in advance, Happy Weekend to yerself, Mama, an Th Hounds, etc.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 15, 2018, 10:31 AM.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    HawkerXP Perhaps it isn't' 'cheating' if your wife allows it. However, given the recent events with high profile figures, he's probably thanking his lucky stars he was President in the 90's and not today.

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, I didn't paste the second link correctly - here it is:

• Fire Art
    replied
    Read the instructions fluid goes in the bowl 😳

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    replied
    I like mine - use it a lot. It does make perfect hard boiled eggs, great stews and chili, carnitas, pork chili verde, quick artichoke, steamed veges, soups, and so much more. I've had hit and miss with rice - still working on perfecting that.
    Quick potatoes for mashing, or frying after pressure to crisp up.

I especially like to make the pork chile verde and throw in some of Stubbs. I've used the anytime sauce, but not the cookin sauce (my order from Amazon came with leaking product, so I sent it back).

Loads of recipes online; I keep my favorites organized in Microsoft OneNote. It is very easy to just "print to OneNote" and then move to appropriate page (Pork page, Beef page, Rub page, etc...)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Now, to clarify, I bought this here as a useful, beneficial tool.
    (Yall know me well enough to know, I ain't goin fer crockpot BBQ, huh? )

It will supplement, vs. supplant any cookers I have/or might obtain.

This increases my productivity, an throughput abilities, way I'm envisionin it.

Example:Smoker Beans?
    Well, Hail Yeah, who doesn't like/want some?

I can throw dry beans up in there, let IP bring em to tender, or al dente, whatever I choose, to ready fer my smokers, vs canned cooked beans.
    Hands free, no stirrin, boilovers, etc.
    Best of all, there will be no quality compromise, which I will not tolerate!

They will be treated as canned cooked, my Smoker Beans will still be prepared same same, from that point...in my smokers.

Way I look at it, it's like another Pit Apprentice, freein up my hands from some prep tasks, so that I can keep focused on my live fire action.

Meanwhile, I can be outside, lookin at th Moon, stars, an sippin on some Buffalo Trace.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 14, 2018, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    These things are the best rice cookers ever. Put it on sear, melt some butter in it, toss in the rice and stir to get it translucent, toss in the water and a bit of salt. High pressure (~10lbs) for 3 minutes (by the timer - ie after pressure comes up). Natural pressure release for about 7 minutes.

For white rice, figure 1-1/2 cups water to 1 cup rice.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    To the best of my knowledge he "never cheated on Hillary" either! LoL! ComfortablyNumb

• snowswamp
    replied
    I’m sure you’ll love it. Great pick up! Recipes are easy to find on line and the cook book that comes with it has great reference cooking tables. Along the lines of other posts, I cook a bunch of brown rice in mine, divide it up into individual serving sizes, seal, and freeze. They are easily warmed in a microwave and taste great. Easy side.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Good source of recipes, but the whole site is packed with good info. https://www.hippressurecooking.com/p...ooker-recipes/

Great book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Cappy!
    It did mine, as well, a scarce commodity roun here, to be certain, (at least as rare as hen's teeth)!

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    I always found that comment interesting. How can you be qualified to be President if you can't even smoke pot correctly? Then I reason that, based on the ones in my lifetime, it doesn't take much to be qualified! ;-)

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    It put a smile on my face Mr. Bones

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    We use ours a lot. It’s great for preparing meals under an hour. We’re on the move just about every evening between sports and community things we don’t have much time to cook. This has cut down on our fast food intake.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here