Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has th World gone to pot?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    We love ours, it's fantastic for a quick meal and if planned properly you can make some amazing things and only dirty up 1 pot. My favorite 2 things are mashed potatoes (don't put the milk/cream in until it's time to smash) and hard boiled eggs. I like the boiled eggs because if I decide I want a few more it's only another 5 minutes or so vs 15+ in a normal pot. Artichokes are nice as well but getting the timing down can be a pain, still saves a good 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied

Got rid of our slow cooker too.

I still have a stovetop presure cooker because it’s 12 qts. Sometimes I want to make a lot of chili.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Also corn on the cob for 2 minutes under pressure will cook through, then can eat it outright or grill it to your liking.

Ill hang corn in the pbc and get more flavor but sometimes instant is called for.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Nope. Homey dont play' dat! Stocks, soups and braises are better left to other methods.

I WILL ADMIT I dint read the whole thread... that's either a Six day work week( peddle to the medal exhaustion) or Cool Buffalo Trace.

Production overlad! Enjoy the pics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0896.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	532539

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0897.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	532540

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Many Thanks fer th helpful info, brother!
    Much appreciated!

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Best for brown rice also. About 1:1.3 rice to water and 28 minutes and it is perfect.

Got rid of my rice cooker after using the instant pot for brown rice once.

Can also cook most beans without soaking.

• Cheef
    replied
    Balsamic pot roast and veggies will make you a believer.
    Corned beef will make you a believer.
    When your sweet tooth kicks up a fuss? 1 can sweetened condensed milk - 30 minutes on high -natural release and an overnight cool down and you will have the most awesome caramel apple dip you've ever tasted.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks fer th many great ideas/suggestions!
    Much appreciated, brother!

• AmosMoses01
    replied
    I've had one for about a year, mostly used in the winter months. I really like is for soups, plus it is a great way to get sweet potatoes done quickly. Once I have the new pellet smoker acquired, I plan to use the Instant Pot to infuse honey with a variety of things to play around with different bbq sauce and glazes.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    BBQ_Steve-O Please, share that receipt, if ya will?
    I usually use a 1/3-2/3 mixture of Mesquite / Hickory liquid smoke, Figaro brand is what I have.
    Oh, th innumerable, Heavenly Joys of boiled Texas Style BBQ Brisket!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 14, 2018, 02:21 PM.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Brother thanks fer th refresher;
    I hadn't yet commited it to memory, was honestly too dang lazy, at th moment, to search it out

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I do so appreciate th Hand Up, amigo!
    I coulda jus made a YOOGE rookie mistake lol!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    One word in response....roofie !!!

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    You've got the right philosophy, Brother! Oh, and stews.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    So, stovetop PC's are usually 15lbs pressure; electrics are generally 10 lbs on high. If you're using recipes for stovetops, multiply the time by 1.4. Works great.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here